• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X2; brushless.

Tug

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight I finally got the chance to have another test run, this time 12S. The cells are Floureon 10,000mah packs, and were at 51% at the start of the test. I wanted to see what runtimes were like, but also see that the LVC would work as it should. 

The efficiency is quite something, I was actually starting to think I'd have to abandon the run as it was getting late, but the cells wouldn't let up. I was driving for close to thirty minutes! Didn't time it to the second, but was out there far longer than I expected! 

The 380kv motor was superb! Temps rose, but much slower than the 520kv used to. Top temp was 60C, and it took a while to get there. Speed is reasonable, enough to bash keep up with the crowd. No speed records, but meh. 

Now, that LVC. Not impressed here, the overall parameters available on the ZTW Beast are sparse at best, the LVC is one of the worst. You can't manually select your cell count, and the highest Voltage available is 3.6. At the end of tonight's run, I'd given up and was heading in because the cells were touching 3.0, time to call it. And then finally the LVC cuts in, just as I'm getting back to the house! OK, it worked, but barely!

ZTW really need to address this, they're not new to the industry, so why cheap out on their flagship? 

Can't wait for a full on bash, will try to take accurate timings to see how long she runs. 

Latazz. 

My LVC only goes to 3.4, but does seem to work fine, anyway just go bash it, I haven’t got the spare time to test anything, so I just go to my bash spot and hit a few jumps and wing it 😂

I only have time for test runs over the road from the house. 

Seriously, the 5ive platform really needs sub 500kv for efficiency. I was amazed at how long it kept going!

Don't think they're available anymore, shame. 

18/58, plenty of room to go up. Could try 20 or 21, but I'm too pleased to be changing anything now. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was having a quick rip in the park, then it cut out at LVC. No problem, I thought, turn it off and back on again, that'll allow me to limp it home, that's better than dragging it. However, when i turned it back on, it started doing the full throttle from zero thing that others have described. It'll stop if i blip the throttle a few times, but does come back after a few throttle inputs. Annoying as I've only just got it running just how I want it!

I'll email RC car online, see what they say. 

12S, but only after switching off and back on. Will test tomorrow with fresh cells and see if it does it again. 

I know I haven't cooked it, not with this set-up, so it's definitely their fault, not mine.