• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nada blocks

Alex97

Hello, are Nada blocks known for ungluing or ripping? 

All four of mine have come unglued from the wheel after using them yesterday. My buggy isn't overly powerful so I was surprised to find that all four had come unglued all at once. Is this a common issue and is regluing it the only way around it?

Alex

Just now, Nitroholic said:

The set I had all needed re-gluing.

Once done properly, they were fine...but as delivered, they were all badly glued. The inside edges came loose first, followed by the outer ones.

That's not good. I need to get some more glue as I can't find my tire glue.

Had one unglue, but only in one spot, it's the wheels i have a problem with, they're about the worst i've had, poor fit on the hex even when the nut's reamed up and they're brittle, all of mine started cracking after only a few tanks of light abuse with no big air.

43 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

Had one unglue, but only in one spot, it's the wheels i have a problem with, they're about the worst i've had, poor fit on the hex even when the nut's reamed up and they're brittle, all of mine started cracking after only a few tanks of light abuse with no big air.

I've had some before and I never had a problem with them, I'd used them in the snow (-4°) and didn't have a problem. It might just be a bad batch you had. I found some super glue so I've glued them back together. 

I used them until they came unglued, was very quick. .. then re glued and soon the hex had rounded!

So I put them on a set of old wheels with some proper foams and they've been fantastic since

I used the boil off method to get the tires by themselves

Looks like they are cheap for a reason. Mine came undone on the second run, mainly on the front wheels with the extra turning forces.

Another problem I had was that there are internal spokes which caught on the steering hubs on full lock. I had to mill them out so they didn't catch.

I saw Doddy had this problem on his Hobao but used extender stubs.

11 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I've had a few of these and all come unglued and the foams are carbage :/ 

For the sake of another £7 you can get the real deal proline badlands which are much better ;) 

That's what I'll be doing in future.