• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norcos losi 5ive

norcoforever

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Shame about the servo mate, you weren't running the servo saver locked?

Nope servo Saver isn't locked plus it was a flat field so nothing to jam the steering. Hoping horizon tell me what had happened but I seems like the board has died or the motor though there is no burning smell or anything 

6 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

Care to expand on that buddy?

Guy in my group ( And a member on here ) burnt out his S9020 and when talking to people at the MMR indoor track there was a few people who had issues with it burning out and some of them were told it was because they were using dual steering linkage set-ups and to stick to a single linkage.

He's not had an issue since.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

Guy in my group ( And a member on here ) burnt out his S9020 and when talking to people at the MMR indoor track there was a few people who had issues with it burning out and some of them were told it was because they were using dual steering linkage set-ups and to stick to a single linkage.

He's not had an issue since.

Hmmm I did wonder if the dual linkage may have been a cause hmmm looks like I will have a dual team hoonage up for sale soon lmfao. Hopefully the failure will be covered by the warranty I wonder if it's due the anti feedback system 

Edited by norcoforever

34 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

Joy of buying through freeprawn I know they will get me sorted :)

Thats why I got my Hitec 1000 from there, but it's got a 2 year warranty, I want to make sure I break it before it runs out so it can be replaced with the new Hitec 1005 :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yes, the front centre dogbone does get very hot! And that's in a moderately paced BL conversion! 

(You mentioned this a while back!)

At least that can be ticked off my list of concerns lol just need to get a spare steering servo whilst horizon sort out my 9020 grrr 

1 minute ago, Tug said:

I've just been quoted 66 for the Hitec 845, I think that's what I'll go for. 

I'm sure mine will be covered under warranty it's just a pain as I don't carry a spare steering servo and have the week off work so was hoping to get a bit of bashing in 

Pity about the 9020, interesting to hear others have the same issue with that steering set up.

As I have a lowly Savox fitted, I may be interested.....:P

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noj said:

Pity about the 9020, interesting to hear others have the same issue with that steering set up.

As I have a lowly Savox fitted, I may be interested.....:P

Didn't make that much of a difference on my Savox 241 Jumbo Servo...

Well it's been an interesting time for my 5ive. Following the dead 9020 which is with horizon I'm back to the stock servo which sucks frankly however with nice weather comes bashing however today somehow the flywheel nut fell off even though it's been fitted at the factory however fitted a new flywheel and nut and zero issues I've also found out that my shell which looks amazing is due to arrive from sharkfat next week so lots of photos will be added 

32 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

Well it's been an interesting time for my 5ive. Following the dead 9020 which is with horizon I'm back to the stock servo which sucks frankly however with nice weather comes bashing however today somehow the flywheel nut fell off even though it's been fitted at the factory however fitted a new flywheel and nut and zero issues I've also found out that my shell which looks amazing is due to arrive from sharkfat next week so lots of photos will be added 

:thumbsup:

Is yours the really stark looking red one I caught site of earlier this week?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Looks awesome, I'm toying giving Marcus free rein to do what's possibly the last new unsed Proline Helios MT body in existence. 

His work speaks for itself can't wait to have the shell here and fitted. I only gave the rough criteria he did everything else 

• Like 1