• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

think its time........

froggy8

Cant go wrong with the KM baja but go to rcmodelz.co.uk for it and talk to jon there he is the man plus u can buy all the upgrade parts and get good advice.

I moved from nitro to 1/5 2 stroke and u will never look back lol

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't buy a used 1/5 unless I actually know the person selling it as there is a lot to go wrong with these and could end up costing you big time so be cautious.

For the extra $$$ I would buy brand new from rcmodelz and u have a warranty plus excellent advice/support from the guys there (jon).

If in doubt ring them and ask for advice..

• Like 2

Also to note if John isn't around, then Ish is very helpful and so is Ish's Dad... I've forgotten his name now but he's a nice chap as well.

Personally I'd probably buy new as well, unless it was someone very well known, I've been bitten enough times and although you're covered by PayPal, it's just a complete pain in the backside if you have to send such a big item back.

Have a budget set of around £500 for a new one to be on the safe side with getting some essentials like a remote killswitch (Switchblade) under chassis brace (Innovative-RC) air filter cover (Outerwears) and some windows (I use Uber but about any will do)

If you're planning on running on dirt and jumping then those things realistically should be bought right away, and some secondary items to look at are a front bumper, I use the RPM one and it's had some very nasty hard crashes and not broken yet, better rear tyres (Hostile MXs or Uber Vipers) pullstart Outerwears (although a pair of old tights and some mesh can do the job and some shock limiting cables.

Always use a good quality oil as well.

• Like 2

Mine was 2nd off:yes:  here but i was able to go poke n prod n look at it as it was jus up the road from me. ..:yes:. bought it as it was cracking car/deal. ...but i did look at  many  a overpriced pile  of bajajunk ..mainly on eBay which I could  well of ended up buying :doh:.....if not  for oho's input...:thumbsup:....

• Like 2

cheers again guys but i wont be paying a penny, he wants a trade.

i could look at it but im totally new to petrol and wouldnt know what to look for and just thought i would try a 5th as i want something new.

i could look at it but im totally new to petrol and wouldnt know what to look for and just thought i would try a 5th as i want something new.

Have you anyone who has experience with 1/5 petrol or maybe a member off here could go and look with you as if it's a trade and it's as good as it looks in that picture it could be a good swap!!!

Don't be scared of these and there is plenty of advice from experienced members and ask questions even if you think there dumb as we all had to start somewhere.

Also check out YouTube it's your best friend and I've learnt so much stuff and now build my own engines and I never dreamt in my wildest dreams I would ever do that so if I can do it you will do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

Trade?so whats his 315 or best offer all about then??trade for what 

Jus treat it like any other rc..:yes:.look for excessive play  in the plastics. ...bearings run smooth. ..starts runs fine . ...kill  switch  works. ....any stripped  none matching  screws Allen heads ect.....leaky  shocks . ....cracks splits in tyres.....anything bent or creased. ...

Edited by evssv

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

It's the same as checking any other RC, there really isn't any reason to be intimidated by giving one a good poke and prod as Mike said.

IF you can collect then second hand can be a very good way of saving money and potentially getting some of the essential upgrades.

Look and make sure nothing is snapped, make sure the chassis is straight, and obviously make sure you see it running from cold and have a good look around the engine while it's running to check for leaks, check for leaks in the fuel tank and make sure the servos work, that's about it.

Also watching how the person starts it might give some idea to their knowledge.

If they simply start ragging at the pullstart and fail to start it, then walk away, if they prime it correctly, check the killswitch and do all the right things, chances are it's had a good life.

This applies to any RC though, not just that one above.

As Mike said, he got a good deal, but some of the stuff he showed me were right pigs, thankfully he was very open to advice and ended up with a really nice Baja for good money, I speak from experience that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and being able to take advice is a very good thing to do.

There was one lad on here who had a Baja thread and people just made a few small suggestions, he spat his dummy right out and got the thread locked! :lol:

I bought a very cheap 2nd hand baja blind... Basically. It turned out ok to be fair but I was lucky. Follow the advice from the regulars above and ypu won't go far wrong.

Just don't expect to keep it stock/same spec for long. Tis a slippery and expensive slope 5th scale. Bloody brilliant fun though

Edited by K
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, K said:

I bought a very cheap 2nd hand baja blind... Basically. It turned out ok to be fair but I was lucky. Follow the advice from the regulars above and ypu won't go far wrong.

Just don't expect to keep it stock/same spec for long. Tis a slippery and expensive slope 5th scale. Bloody brilliant fun though

:yes:...sure is slippery....but damn fun!:rc_car:!

• Like 1