• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Thanks for the op Dodd and link guns re esc / servo prob. I've forwarded that on to this geezer. 

Edited by Ocdcbr

22 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

So will the new V2 run ok using my 3S batteries?

Gonna put my V1 on eBay and buy a V2 run it 6S and gear it up thoughts?

Out of thr box at least it will be slow as heck on 6s. If youre going to get the V2, factor in making the switch to 4S. Im waiting on the sale of mine to purchase some more 4S batteries, although I still have use for my 3S packs so its not like theyre a waste. 

If Im honest point the wasnt a MASSIVE point me making the upgrade. I am glad i did, but Id have survived with my V1 just fine. IMO There is Absolutely zero point upgrading to a V2 if youre gonna run 6S, UNLESS it responds violently to gearing up. Stock on 6s is barely over 20mph. 

Anyone know of any deals on 4S lipos at the mo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Out of thr box at least it will be slow as heck on 6s. If youre going to get the V2, factor in making the switch to 4S. Im waiting on the sale of mine to purchase some more 4S batteries, although I still have use for my 3S packs so its not like theyre a waste. 

If Im honest point the wasnt a MASSIVE point me making the upgrade. I am glad i did, but Id have survived with my V1 just fine. IMO There is Absolutely zero point upgrading to a V2 if youre gonna run 6S, UNLESS it responds violently to gearing up. Stock on 6s is barely over 20mph. 

Anyone know of any deals on 4S lipos at the mo?

Theres these 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222323765605

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152106516034

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361272893532

Edited by mydoddy69

14 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Never thought to look @ Floureons, 4 of these are whats in the basket at the mo. 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-6200mah-4s-40c-lipo-pack.html/?___store=en_us

Ive ordered a 22t pinion, going to try 22/46 when the Max 6 is in. Just need to wait till the V1 is sold. I couldve done with waiting till payday to buy the V2, but I bought it right in the middle like a clown haha.

1 hour ago, Guns said:

50mm won't fit in the battery tray will they? Thought it was 48mm max?

s-l1600.jpg

Battery tray size in the Maxx is 197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm so you got a 1.5 mm to spare lol 

Just seen this on FB thought I'd share the guy wants to know if its safe till still use the lipo after he came down hard on the chassis lol 

3A72CD04-4EA0-4AFC-BA61-0E68566F35E4_zps

BB2C5A9F-84A6-4B00-86F1-0A8B35AF55F5_zps

Answers on  a post card please ;) 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just seen this on FB thought I'd share the guy wants to know if its safe till still use the lipo after he came down hard on the chassis lol 

Answers on  a post card please ;) 

tiz9p.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

What the hell did he do?? And how did he even do it???!!!:cussing2:

There are certain questions that should never be answered, these are two of them..............................................

10 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

I know he isn't on much anymore but turok had his for sale at £450 I would send him a pm if your looking

He won't see them, I had his number, but my phone dumped them all when I had some sim card troubles, stupidly, so I can't contact him.

If anyones got his number, can you either PM me it or pass mine onto him please?

I know David so he'll have no problems with you passing his number onto me.