• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Really enjoyed that video. Shows what great fun the X-Maxx is.

The blue one had a Max 6 and 19-50 gearing standard motor? What esc and gearing was in the red one?  

Looked like you had enough power and control without it being too much to handle. 

Looking forward to the wheelie bar update.

Yeah great vid. Looked like u 2 had a whole heap of fun! Nice1:thumbsup:

rpm not the wheelie bar solution I was hoping for then.....

im going to try the skate board trucks diy mod

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Anyone got any good gloves for winter running ? 

Mountain bike gloves are ideal when control is still needed. Chain Reaction have loads in their sale, I've just picked up these for riding in. A bargain at £10 :)

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-36-26_zpsl20dv3

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Really enjoyed that video. Shows what great fun the X-Maxx is.

The blue one had a Max 6 and 19-50 gearing standard motor? What esc and gearing was in the red one?  

Looked like you had enough power and control without it being too much to handle. 

Looking forward to the wheelie bar update.

Glad you enjoyed it there are fun ;) 

The blue one is running a max6 geared 19/50 stock motor with those upgraded springs and  heated diffs 

The red one is running a max6 geared 18/54 stock motor and stock springs and those new spiral cut diffs 

Just need some longer m4 bolts for the wheelie bar and a bit of daylight to get out in. :good:

Been ages since I last ran my X. Anyone had a good run recently? 

With the nights drawing in its hard work getting any rc time these days!! 

Edited by Ocdcbr

3 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

Been ages since I last ran my X. Anyone had a good run recently? 

With tye nights drawing in its hard wirk getting any rc time these days!! 

I'd love to say yes but work dark evenings and family life have been putting a stop to runtime plus it's freezing this week lol 

Hoping to get out over the weekend after putting up the Christmas decorations, the plan is to hit the skateparke at Crawley early Sunday morning fingers crossed ;) 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Nice. Better suited to the outcast than big x tho maybe. 

Don't knock it till you try it the X at th park is just sooooooooooo much fun ! Will test those diffs to the max for sure though ;)  

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Don't knock it till you try it the X at th park is just sooooooooooo much fun ! Will test those diffs to the max for sure though ;)  

It sure will ! Hope the results r good! 

Think I am finally going to install my traxxas hd gears sat.... might even get a run in.....:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Sharkster said:

does anybody know if there is a light bar that fits in the front bumper that ms sell,i have seen videos of them and i am after doing the same

Check Ebay - there are LOADS!!

Al.

Some sad news :( 

No skatepark bash was too late out so hit my local spot, I was being a bit full on and sadly chewed up a rear ring and pinion :( 

NOW before we all get carried away it wasn't one of those nice machined ones it was one of the heated treated ones after a fair few packs and beatings from hell ! So sadly it's not a cure but it certainly improved its life span IMO 

I haven't pulled it out yet but when I do I'll get some pics up but when it went it went with a MIGHTY Big Bang, not sure if I got it on film but I should have some madness of today's bash to come later ;) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Omg that was a sigh of relief I thought you'd smoked the bad boys,?

went for for a mini bash myself and the slipper came undone and melted the spur even though the nut was fixed with the red permanent thread lock,hay ho.

btw how you getting on with the thrust bearing?

The thrust bearing is working a treat haven't had any more slipper issues since I put it in .. :) 

Pulled this diff its actually not as bad as I thought it would be 

D3DB0D24-9812-4A03-B1F1-223094882B29_zps

The ring gear is fine ;) 

AAEC3A14-DC42-453D-B539-B9CF60B4665E_zps

i reckon it would be even better if I hadn't of just carried on and run the rest of the 6s pack off about 10minutes of further abuse lol 

The pinion though is toast ! 

C010FC59-0155-4BBD-80D6-AC6F02B7BA70_zps

So make of it what you will but I reckon this heat treatment is doing some good even if it just saves you buying a ring gear instead of having to buy both :) 

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Good job on the pinion there!!

Pity you cannot buy them separately, 'though you must be building up quite a collection now - can soon 'mix'n'match'!!

Al.

These where the stock Traxxas ones I heat treated you can buy the ring and pinion seperate so I only need to replace the pinion ;) 

Nice vid doddy. 

Was trying ing to figure out what u did w that big crash..... until u said about front flipping! Eeeeeekkkkkk! :mf_laughbounce:

that diff break was a big hit. Had similar myself when I have broken them. Trying to recover from a bad angle in the air landing hard on throttle.  

Good to see some big xmaxx action. 

Too busy this past weekend to sort mine, no matter run it!

• Like 1