• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

yes i feel the stock motor is good,motor temps on a full 6s pack esc usually 87-90 f

motor 130f and thats on 19/50

usually bit lower on 17/50

did find on 19/50 the x maxx turns into a wheelie machine so i like 17/50 

Edited by Sharkster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sean-vrs said:

Even with "all the bad press" you still bought two!

even with "all the bad press" they are stil selling

most people who buy this truck will not abuse it, so most people won't have a problem that's why it won't or ever will get fixed, we only get to see the broken one what about all the people who use it and have no issues.

I did buy 2 correct and I went into this with my eyes wide open I don't abuse mine it's geared on stock gearing and still I've broken both front and rear diffs so you can't use the get out of most folks won't abuse it so it won't be a problem crap as I'm not and it still broke ! 

It can take a beaten but at the same time some parts are quite fragile it's a complete mixed bag to be honest,  once the smile factor wears off both of mine will be finding new homes I can assure you off that ;) 

Are they still selling like hot cakes ? I very much doubt it now with all the bad press shadowing over them . 

i have noticed if u use a pinion made by hpi,the grub screws likes to come loose,and thats even with threadlock on,its happened twice now resulted in chewed spurs.

when using traxxas pinions i have never had any come loose,and they are a lot wider fitting on the spur

dont understand it esp for the price the hpi pinions cost

33 minutes ago, James1986 said:

I can't wait to get the Max6 installed - I hated the stock ESC's settings with 100% brake & reverse - looking forward to turning those down and playing with the other settings.

I've got a 50t spur coming from the 'States - i'm gona try 20/50 and take it from there :good:

How have your temps been? Still using stock motor?

I'm sure I turned my stock esc to forward and brakes only and brake force down to 50% second run out..... I think anyways...easy peasy:cheers:

left my max5 as it came... No idea why. Brakes seem less fierce stock and Rev is off too.. Hnmmmmmm:huh: 

maybe be its the transmitter settings rather than esc I messed with? Brain fart! :@.@:

Edited by Ocdcbr

2 minutes ago, Sharkster said:

i have noticed if u use a pinion made by hpi,the grub screws likes to come loose,and thats even with threadlock on,its happened twice now resulted in chewed spurs.

when using traxxas pinions i have never had any come loose,and they are a lot wider fitting on the spur

Yeah I touched on this before I think the Traxxas pinions mesh better even Ocdbcr has had his pinion grub screw back out so you might be onto something here 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sharkster said:

Grub screws need the "indented end" cutting off a little with a dremmel so you have more of a flat surface biting the motor shaft with HPI stuff. Never had a pinion slip failure since. Many grubs use a cup point type end which is no good and doesn't grip enough surface regardless of threadlock!.  You want "flat point", "half dog", or flatten an "oval point". Bit of useless info on my findings ;)

Less of this:

m4-07-x-16-set-screw-cp-pt.jpg

More like this:

set-screw-flat.JPG

125.gif

• Like 3

14 hours ago, James1986 said:

I can't wait to get the Max6 installed - I hated the stock ESC's settings with 100% brake & reverse - looking forward to turning those down and playing with the other settings.

I've got a 50t spur coming from the 'States - i'm gona try 20/50 and take it from there :good:

How have your temps been? Still using stock motor?

20/50 is the way forward :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I did buy 2 correct and I went into this with my eyes wide open I don't abuse mine it's geared on stock gearing and still I've broken both front and rear diffs so you can't use the get out of most folks won't abuse it so it won't be a problem crap as I'm not and it still broke ! 

It can take a beaten but at the same time some parts are quite fragile it's a complete mixed bag to be honest,  once the smile factor wears off both of mine will be finding new homes I can assure you off that ;) 

Are they still selling like hot cakes ? I very much doubt it now with all the bad press shadowing over them . 

Traxxas could release the worlds worst RC. It would still be an absolute massive success due to their ridiculous following in the States. They're like a religion over there. People seriously under estimate how small the European Market is to Traxxas. 

I can assure you, the X is, and will continue to sell like hot cakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mond said:

Why not get a couple of 120 or 150mm PC case fans and just stick them in the back of the body where they won't get damaged? Could even get a case fan guard to protect from stones etc. 

No the rear body takes a battering and the mounts for the shell are housed there .. I did consider the 60mm Xbox fans but these where cheaper and should move the air enough for my needs ;) 

53 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

My new fans showed up boy these beauties moves some air much better than the crappy castle ones .. Hopefully I'll get some time tonight to get them installed :) 

They look decent. Which way you gona mount them - suck or blow? Never worked out which way was more efficient :lol:

1 minute ago, Noj said:

Nice fans, 8.4v capable also.

This is excellent news, for I have a 2028 shroud in need of fan attention :good:

Yep 8.4v which was one of the attractions from the start as I think the castle ones are 6v only but you'd need to double check that. More power more air flow has to be a win win :yahoo:

21 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

don't fans just mask the problem MD?:D

Usually I'd say yes there used to mask poor gearing or a crap motor choice. Now in the case of the Maxx I have limited options to bring temps down spend big on a new combo that the p*** poor drive train can't handle or mask the problem, guess what I took a note out of the Traxxas book and cheaped out,  if it's good enough for Traxxas it's good enough for me :yahoo:

I was being sarky mate.... As so many were saying exactly that when people like me were buying fans early on.....:cheers:

i say, why not if it works? 

• Like 2