• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

56 minutes ago, martin34 said:

With the m2c hexes and outcast wheels the width is the same as stock(I knew I ordered them for a reason lol).Only 77 days to go👍

TBH, mine with the WideMaxx kit isnt as wide as it could be as I run Louise Wheels

I personally never saw the point of widening the stance of my X Maxx. If I wanted a wider stance I'd have gotten a 8S Kraton. To be fair though I don't race so stability isn't a huge issue for me. I do wish though that I could find some 10" tires to use. I always felt the wheels looked a tad small on the truck.

3 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I personally never saw the point of widening the stance of my X Maxx. If I wanted a wider stance I'd have gotten a 8S Kraton. To be fair though I don't race so stability isn't a huge issue for me. I do wish though that I could find some 10" tires to use. I always felt the wheels looked a tad small on the truck.

If you can make a big RC bigger, then you do, just my opinion

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

You have more restraint than I do. I couldn't wait that long if it was already in my possession

I do it every year.Buy my present around now and put it away until Christmas.It gives me something to focus on for the next few months👍

On 11/10/2022 at 22:07, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Thank you. I get the center being 20m but would have thought the front and rear would have been much higher.

my bad - center 20m not 2m 🙂 if you go higher in front/rear - cornering abilities would get impacted. 

It's current turning radius is quite large. Might need to change the front to thicker oil. I'll figure that out after I've run it in the snow for the first time. Just need it to snow first.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

I finally made it so my batteries wouldn't fly out after a hard hit. Drilled a hole through one side of the black battery clip and put a body clip through. Batteries don't come out anymore.

P_20221013_183743.jpg

P_20221013_183803.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I finally made it so my batteries wouldn't fly out after a hard hit. Drilled a hole through one side of the black battery clip and put a body clip through. Batteries don't come out anymore.

P_20221013_183743.jpg

P_20221013_183803.jpg

Brilliant Idea. This is how the Sledge is

I just topped up both front and rear diffs with oil and for some reason my front one is very hard to turn. I only used 10k but it feels like 2m. It spins like  it should if I loosen the main gear a bit but then oil leaks out. Anyone have any ideas?

On 14/10/2022 at 18:48, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Holly hell - do you run it in to the brick wall? 😄 i have newer managed to loose my lipos 😄  

11 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Holly hell - do you run it in to the brick wall? 😄 i have newer managed to loose my lipos 😄  

I lost one when I landed a jump wrong and the truck cartwheeled almost 100ft...into a small tree.😔

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE
  • Haha 1

Is it pretty common to break the shock shaft rod end that connects to the lower a arm? I have the RPM shock guards installed and not sure if they contributed to the rod end breaking.

Screenshot_20221023-133000320 (1).jpg

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

16 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I used to break them on my 6S X Maxx. I switched to D Hawk shock shafts after that

The shaft itself is fine. The part that holds the pivot ball broke.

On 23/10/2022 at 20:09, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Is it pretty common to break the shock shaft rod end that connects to the lower a arm? I have the RPM shock guards installed and not sure if they contributed to the rod end breaking.

Iv bent some shock  shafts but never broke lower arm connection.... such a weird spot to brake... Are you running stock shock oil/springs? if so i would guess that you bottom out shocks on high jumps? Since i run my truck on a BMX track - lots of jumps - i replaced stock oil with XTR 950cst and harder springs in the back - also i tighten them to the max when i go for jumps. 

On 01/10/2022 at 09:41, Tadas said:

It will be my first winter with xmaxx - any suggestions? How is it on the snow? Is there a temperature you wouldn't recommend running it in? Is there some preps i should do before i run it in snow/negative temperatures?  I think bashing is out of the question, but would still like to run it in some field.  

Any tips?