• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Now I fully intended getting this from the UK, but the release date kept getting pushed back and back. I saw this on eBay Germany so took a punt. It was £157 posted, but I expected customs on top, but had just been dropped off by Parcelforce after a few days. 

Now as far as I know no one seems to have this in the UK yet? Not even the Youtubers?

Hopefully the Mrs will let me wrench tonight?

S5WIBid.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Now I fully intended getting this from the UK, but the release date kept getting pushed back and back. I saw this on eBay Germany so took a punt. It was £157 posted, but I expected customs on top, but had just been dropped off by Parcelforce after a few days. 

Now as far as I know no one seems to have this in the UK yet? Not even the Youtubers?

Hopefully the Mrs will let me wrench tonight?

S5WIBid.jpg

Only trouble is now if you bust an arm or a driveshaft your be ordering from Germany or going back to stock. Few guys on fb have broke these already so I wish you luck

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Only trouble is now if you bust an arm or a driveshaft your be ordering from Germany or going back to stock. Few guys on fb have broke these already so I wish you luck

Cross that bridge when I come to it…. Haha

So….

This has cost a fortune….

27j6fyM.jpg

You basically get this x4. The plastics are apparently Traxxas HD material, so I guess Ive “upgraded” the arms. 

RJs0X1K.jpg

Its a lot of money really for what it is. Moving on:

Decided to do a corner at a time:

5OK0PQR.jpg

So simple and easy to work on. I expected bent hinge pins etc but everthing was spot on:

Its quite a lot wider:

2Ip7p4y.jpg

DqNeJYp.jpg

RPM Carriers on the back. The bearings needed a clean and the CVDs were due a refresh so thats good:

h5x6tOj.jpg

MUCH Wider!

rwiRj7F.jpg

The fact everythings black and I cant really photo the size in my “rc room”

UBupDJT.jpg

Front was the same story, but added longer steering links. I also took this opportunity to add RPM Front Hubs, I got them when AT had a discount code on eBay

Q62tfkY.jpg

All back together, again terrible photo that doesnt show much change. Also the new wheels and tyres visually look smaller. Black is hiding the size of this thing now

qgmbVHR.jpg

Initial impressions on the Wide Kit? Its ALOT of money for what it is. I guess upgrading to RPM/HD Arms would cost around £100, so providing these are stronger I guess it softens the blow a bit? One of my arms was cracked too soo?

Now Ive spent just under £400 for the above, the X Maxx v3 will drop 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First run with the new wheels/tyres and Widemaxx

Seems more stable, wheels and tyres perform great and havent sapped too much performance. Wide Arms seem durable. Steerings not as good so will upgrade the servo next. I changed the shell for proper bashing lol 

L6yHoo6.jpg

Mf3aF3j.jpg

Emrov21.jpg

8kVPjez.jpg

z4vambR.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bertberr said:

What do you folks feel is a reasonable price to buy a used X-Maxx for at the moment?  Good condition, not a lot of use by the pics.  No obvious upgrades that I can see. Thanks

Assuming it’s fully working, all electrics including transmitter, I’d say around £700. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bertberr said:

What do you folks feel is a reasonable price to buy a used X-Maxx for at the moment?  Good condition, not a lot of use by the pics.  No obvious upgrades that I can see. Thanks

They seem to go from £7-800 for a decent one. Id try and find one with a Max 6.  Avoid heavily modded ones, although truth be told, youll get more value, but dont get sucked in by modded ones as really it only needs an ESC upgrade

Id also look on the Facebook Groups/Marketplace. Ive saw some decent ones on there lately which is tempting me to buy a second one for “abuse”. They go for decent money on eBay still

42 minutes ago, bertberr said:

I shouldn't even be looking really, but difficult not to sometimes... Seen a Snap On van version local and was just trying to do some man maths!  No Max6 though unfortunately ☹️

If the Snap On Shell still goes for good money, you could sell that separately to get some funds back? But bare in mind a replacement shell is gonna be £100ish all in

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Hello, does this servo fit in original spot? Or some modifications are required?

No, this is a standard sized servo. You need the standard sized servo adaper. You also need to trim the servo/chassis and a new servo horn. Ive also ordered an alloy steering bellcrank, and alloy linkage.

My truck started to make clicking sounds while driving slow. Upon inspection i have found some damage in the stub axels (will try to attach a picture). Had to use hammer to be able to remove inner bearings... Why is this happening? Are wheels too heavy (Badlands)? Must i change the way i drive - no sudden stops or full throttle from the spot? Maybe i can change these settings via Traxxas Link?

20220330_122851.jpg

20220330_122752.jpg

I see you are running Louise X-UPHILL - how long have you had them? I was so disappointed with stock wheels (foam evaporated and rubber tore in like 4-5 runs) that i had to find some wheels that would not balloon and i dont have to glue them every run.... so i bought Badlands... But with recent observed damage, im starting to think that i must go for some lighter wheels... 

20 hours ago, Tadas said:

But as i see X Uphills weigh almost the same as badlands - difference is ~ 30g per wheel? Is that a big difference? 

If Im honest, I thought there was a bigger weight difference.

I like the Uphills, other than the tyre writing..... They cost half the price of Badlands too.

On 29/03/2022 at 11:59, Kpowell911 said:

Hopefully this will give the steering some more ooomph

FjdMMIB.jpg

How does this compare to the 2085x? 

The one in mine, is pretty poor!