• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

8 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Really that’s a shock 

Proline Brute Shell  with new  shell hardware,  Widemaxx kit, a set of Badlands and the 2085x Servo comes to £605 😂😅 I expect the Sledgehammer’s to be priced similarly to the Badlands. 

The Widekit has moved forward in the UK, now due in Feb not March. March wouldve been better for me, but I suppose Ill have to sell bits to fund such a big purchase.

That said, my £200 Stampede  4x4 from @53HRA/ @tanveer, alndthe Slash/Rustler 4x4 I got off your kind self are getting used more than anything lately. Both those full RC’s came to the same amount of the above upgradess 😩😅

Edited by Kpowell911

• 2 weeks later...

Tyres…..

In all fairness, first time Ive ever done this across 5 X Maxx’s….

H48hXR5.jpg

sQv0X6K.jpg

I wanna keep stock motor, but I appreciate now I dont need to do full power speed runs with the X, as thats not the point of it. Are Badlands the best option? Swallow the money, gear down and accept the performance loss?

also. Ghetto bodyshell

Jkyyrb9.jpg

love this truck

3oI4Z2o.jpg

• Like 1

You must be lucky then I’ve blown all mine I just superglue them back together, they only get replaced when I blow the foams out. 

Badlands too heavy heats the motor up and ends up causing more damage on impact even if you tweak your suspension. Great if you want to go fast in a straight line NOT so great if you actually use it like an off road truck 😂

6 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You must be lucky then I’ve blown all mine I just superglue them back together, they only get replaced when I blow the foams out. 

Badlands too heavy heats the motor up and ends up causing more damage on impact even if you tweak your suspension. Great if you want to go fast in a straight line NOT so great if you actually use it like an off road truck 😂

Do you know mich about the MX57’s?

25 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Do you know mich about the MX57’s?

As far as I’m aware the weight difference from the mx43 and the 57 is there lighter by 20%  even that isn’t enough on the x Maxx imo 

Give them ago you never know you might like them or wait for the sledgehammers and see what they weigh in at 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

As far as I’m aware the weight difference from the mx43 and the 57 is there lighter by 20%  even that isn’t enough on the x Maxx imo 

Give them ago you never know you might like them or wait for the sledgehammers and see what they weigh in at 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ive seena few ripped Sledgehammers already =/

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive seena few ripped Sledgehammers already =/

That’s them out then. No point buying  something that’s gonna rip just like the stockers might as well just invest in superglue 😂😂😂

On 28/09/2021 at 12:59, Kpowell911 said:

Id stick to 6.0v BEC, bare in mind its not just the servo thats only rated for 6.0v but the receiver too. 

Gearing. Id go with the smaller (46t) spur and a 20 or 21 tooth pinion

This was a while ago I know, but just thought I should say the gearing you recommended made a massive difference. Goes like a rocket now! Thanks again 👍🏻

Edited by Ant.p
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Completely transforms the truck!

Agreed, didn’t think it had that much room for improvement!

Just now, Kpowell911 said:

Was gonna suggest this. Max 6, Stock motor, higher gearing its perfect! The bigger motors

etc are a waste of time

Yeah, I looked at the various options only because my stock esc failed so was forced to do something. The max6 fitted without mods and is more than capable of running the Velineon. It’s so much fun and also a bit of a head turner. It’s the rc which gets the most comments from people passing.

3 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Very nice what’s the weight like compared to the stock ones ? 

Ill have to google, these are at my parents, itll be the weekend by time I fit em. The wheels look like they can take a beating, and the lettering isnt as bad as I thought it would be

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Nice 7am delivery from Appliance!

Proline Shell and the cage stuff, this has no right being over £100 all in but hey, sign of the times

dv4WgYF.jpeg

C9cASjQ.jpeg

Going to look decent with the new wheels!

Will be interested to hear your thoughts re performance, durability and any how (if at all) the drive is effected.

6 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Going to look decent with the new wheels!

Will be interested to hear your thoughts re performance, durability and any how (if at all) the drive is effected.

I'm going Widekit so its going to be completely different. Hoping the wheels arent too heavy being further out