• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

58 minutes ago, Guns said:

I really like that spoiler! Makes the shell look alot lower!

thats maybe as it was cable tied down to the arms in the box?... :huh:

sarcasm aside... i agree... looks cool:D

3 hours ago, chilau said:

Did you manage to get these sent direct from Taobao ?

Yes but to my bro in shanghai. He ordered them.  comes over every cpl months. So brought them to me today. 

Im in love with this

Ok, so I read the post that someone commented on last night and showed a picture of a new 8S X-Maxx from Snap-On that they are giving away.  Since I'm OCD and was obsessed with getting the new one, even though I've only had mine six weeks and dumped a ton of money in it in upgrades, I searched and searched trying to get info on what to do to get an entry without much luck.  My buddy owns a car dealership and I stopped by to ask if there was a Snap-On rep that hit up the mechanics there and sure enough one pulled up five minutes after I got there.

The version I saw last night here in the forums didn't look that great to me, wasn't impressed with the color combo but I was blown away with the OTHER Snap-On version, all black and gorgeous!

EDIT: Oh, and the tires feel MUCH stiffer.  Took pics of those and the rear tailgate protector thingy.

Not sure if anyone cares or not but I'm gonna post pics as soon as I get a chance.  Kinda laughed a bit when I asked the rep what the cheapest thing I could buy was to get an entry.......a baby Snap-On ratchet for the LOW, LOW price of $109.  WOW.  Took some pics next to mine though, hope someone here thinks that it was worth my excitement.

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg

IMG_66201.jpg

IMG_6623.jpg

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6618.jpg

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

20 minutes ago, patrick.irie16 said:

Anyone got ideas how to make the tailgate protector?

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

lol from the pics I'd say a bit if pvc pipe cut in half and bolt it on 

Saw this idea a while back on YouTube and on Facebook so thought I'd give it a go it's a cheap kids skateboard off eBay (£6.49) a bit of plastic sheeting and a few nuts and bolts nothing fancy but should do the job 

8B2DD234-FB25-459D-9CA9-114FF1329881_zps

EDC059BD-4B7C-4791-9B47-26DA745B47A7_zps

9E0D5248-08B0-4B71-952E-ACC3BB45FD24_zps

Ugly as sin but the wheels are in almost the same place as the Traxxas ones just a touch closer in toward the back of the truck .. Might try and add some sort of brace to it later ? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

I was thinking a piece of Kydex.  But it would look like crap.  This is a job for T-Bone racing.

Id forgotten all about Kydex I reckon you could make  a pretty decent job with it if you made a template first just watch your fingers don't get toasty lol 

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Saw this idea a while back on YouTube and on Facebook so thought I'd give it a go it's a cheap kids skateboard off eBay (£6.49) a bit of plastic sheeting and a few nuts and bolts nothing fancy but should do the job 

8B2DD234-FB25-459D-9CA9-114FF1329881_zps

EDC059BD-4B7C-4791-9B47-26DA745B47A7_zps

9E0D5248-08B0-4B71-952E-ACC3BB45FD24_zps

Ugly as sin but the wheels are in almost the same place as the Traxxas ones just a touch closer in toward the back of the truck .. Might try and add some sort of brace to it later ? 

Nice!

ive got the same wheels.... have had for a cpl months now. Just have not bothered to bolt it on. Look forward to your thoughts on how it works out....

the he guy who did it on utube seemed v happy. He didn't jump it tho and that's the issue I guess. Will it stand up to bashing and hard rear end hits? 

11 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Like you said, a bit 'rough and ready', but not a bad effort.

Have you got the wheel location fixed or pivoting?

Al.

There fixed fella it's only a temporary solution until I can get the new Traxxas wheelie bar ;) 

18 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

There fixed fella it's only a temporary solution until I can get the new Traxxas wheelie bar ;) 

You got a link for the skateboard you used?  I found a few, but the wheels look bigger.

i have a free RPM WHEELIE BAR,,, nevermind, I'll put it in the trash where it belongs. 

1 hour ago, Timritchieblue said:

You got a link for the skateboard you used?  I found a few, but the wheels look bigger.

i have a free RPM WHEELIE BAR,,, nevermind, I'll put it in the trash where it belongs. 

Here you go fella 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152275337391?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi TRB, I think many consider the RPM as a 'Protection bar' more than a wheelie bar.

I bought one and fitted the biggest wheels I could to try and limit the lift, but I suppose it's all part of the skill set - if you can balance it that high up you're not half bad!!

Al

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Hi TRB, I think many consider the RPM as a 'Protection bar' more than a wheelie bar.

I bought one and fitted the biggest wheels I could to try and limit the lift, but I suppose it's all part of the skill set - if you can balance it that high up you're not half bad!!

Al

I installed spacers on one end of mine, to decrease the lift, but the rear of my truck body is wasted.  I'm going to call their wheelie bar a FAIL.

You're right, it is way too close.

Thing is, the Traxxas one is in the right place, but when considering how many treat the 'X', I really don't rate it's chances on surviving more than perhaps 3 tumbles!

Al.