• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

New savage xl now that looks cool but it's still no X Maxx contender as it's still only a stretched out 1:8th scale, now if they'd of widened it out and stretched it out and dumped the 1/8th scale electrics for 1/5th scale then I would be impressed ;) 

Looks like MS missed the first run :( 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?search=1&search_string=Traxxas+7795

If I miss this first run I'll cancel my order and just buy the bits I want I think as by this time Tower will more than likely have them and with a cheeky few codes it might work out the same without the esc return hassle hmm decisions ?  

6 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

New savage xl now that looks cool but it's still no X Maxx contender as it's still only a stretched out 1:8th scale, now if they'd of widened it out and stretched it out and dumped the 1/8th scale electrics for 1/5th scale then I would be impressed ;) 

Been advertised since 2012 so 4 years late?! All it is is a Flux with extended tvp's and longer center shaft, whoopee doo!

Come on get your act together, we need a Traxxas competitor so we can get the price down a tiny bit. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Looks like MS missed the first run :( 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?search=1&search_string=Traxxas+7795

If I miss this first run I'll cancel my order and just buy the bits I want I think as by this time Tower will more than likely have them and with a cheeky few codes it might work out the same without the esc return hassle hmm decisions ?  

Besides the center diff what parts do you NEED?  Seems pretty expensive hop-up for one part.  I'm just going to wait till CD  becomes available,,,even ifs $100,, still cheaper.

My goal with this truck for 6s operation

Max6 esc

Kershaw diffs

UE shock shafts

Ti 3x 20mm axle pins

center diff

should be fun, and reliable with 17/54 gearing

4 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Been advertised since 2012 so 4 years late?! All it is is a Flux with extended tvp's and longer center shaft, whoopee doo!

Come on get your act together, we need a Traxxas competitor so we can get the price down a tiny bit. :rolleyes:

Anything new is good for the hobby,  glad to see them trying.

37 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Besides the center diff what parts do you NEED?  Seems pretty expensive hop-up for one part.  I'm just going to wait till CD  becomes available,,,even ifs $100,, still cheaper.

My goal with this truck for 6s operation

Max6 esc

Kershaw diffs

UE shock shafts

Ti 3x 20mm axle pins

center diff

should be fun, and reliable with 17/54 gearing

I want the whole lot other than the esc to be honest 

I've tried the t Bone wheelie bar the one I had was a  fail then the rpm another fail so hoping the Traxxas one works I've bent a couple of cvds no big deal the amount of cartwheels it takes but hoping the new ones fix that this though in turn means you have swap out the Axles and outdrives which in time you'll end up having to do as the old v1 is discontinued now so parts for it will dry up eventually ..  I like the looks of the fan unit over my current castle modified job just looks and sits much better IMO The centre diff will be the most desirable part as with the Cush drive agreed .. 

Kershaw diffs will they ever get releasesed ? I had Dan asking me about info on those rock passions yesterday he wanted some contact info so maybe he is having trouble making them ? 

Even those GPM diffs look promising there a guy on the Traxxas forum running them with good success as well ;) 

The new diffs dont interst me and will be sold on as the old cvds and slipper unit and esc so take off say £175 from that £400 you get £225 give or take a few quid as there's no gaurnetee on what the old bits will sell for .. Roughly price up what you keep and even at £225 I reckon I'll be saving a few quid ;) 

17/54 is a little tame  for me to be honest if I was to run that low I'd probably not bother with the kit at all or the centre diff and just leave it as is 

As you can see I weighed it all up prior to ordering and I'll end up with a nice solid basher, well hopefully for the same sort of money as a new one ;) 

Fingers crossed that is 

My ISA has just 'matured' (I genuinely didnt know ha) and my Mrs probably dont understand what that means (we both have one with same money in and the interest just peaked) so i almost have me 1/8th combo money (and she can have some Make up or something...). 

What I need to know is, am i going Quicrun and Black can or Castle 2650kv and using my Xmaxx max 6..... Im asking here cause I need Doddy to tell me the figure charged to his debit/Credit card ;)

Edited by Guns

38 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I want the whole lot other than the esc to be honest 

I've tried the t Bone wheelie bar the one I had was a  fail then the rpm another fail so hoping the Traxxas one works I've bent a couple of cvds no big deal the amount of cartwheels it takes but hoping the new ones fix that this though in turn means you have swap out the Axles and outdrives which in time you'll end up having to do as the old v1 is discontinued now so parts for it will dry up eventually ..  I like the looks of the fan unit over my current castle modified job just looks and sits much better IMO The centre diff will be the most desirable part as with the Cush drive agreed .. 

Kershaw diffs will they ever get releasesed ? I had Dan asking me about info on those rock passions yesterday he wanted some contact info so maybe he is having trouble making them ? 

Even those GPM diffs look promising there a guy on the Traxxas forum running them with good success as well ;) 

The new diffs dont interst me and will be sold on as the old cvds and slipper unit and esc so take off say £175 from that £400 you get £225 give or take a few quid as there's no gaurnetee on what the old bits will sell for .. Roughly price up what you keep and even at £225 I reckon I'll be saving a few quid ;) 

17/54 is a little tame  for me to be honest if I was to run that low I'd probably not bother with the kit at all or the centre diff and just leave it as is 

As you can see I weighed it all up prior to ordering and I'll end up with a nice solid basher, well hopefully for the same sort of money as a new one ;) 

Fingers crossed that is 

Well my offer got accepted for the Rock Passion differential gear sets.  Think I'm going to cancel the Kershaw diffs

15 minutes ago, Guns said:

My ISA has just 'matured' (I genuinely didnt know ha) and my Mrs probably dont understand what that means (we both have one with same money in and the interest just peaked) so i almost have me 1/8th combo money (and she can have some Make up or something...). 

What I need to know is, am i going Quicrun and Black can or Castle 2650kv and using my Xmaxx max 6..... Im asking here cause I need Doddy to tell me the figure charged to his debit/Credit card ;)

Zero as yet fella but I reckon it won't go anywhere from what Wheelspin has it advertised at now ;) 

Me I'd go Quicrun and castle copy save the rest toward the X Maxx I wouldn't  go spending big on a discontinued buggy you might not get parts for in a few months so rendering you new exspensive combo useless ! 

Just my 2 pence on it ;) 

2 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Well my offer got accepted for the Rock Passion differential gear sets.  Think I'm going to cancel the Kershaw diffs

Nice did you get them of eBay in the end or through that link ? 

3 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Zero as yet fella but I reckon it won't go anywhere from what Wheelspin has it advertised at now ;) 

Me I'd go Quicrun and castle copy save the rest toward the X Maxx I wouldn't  go spending big on a discontinued buggy you might not get parts for in a few months so rendering you new exspensive combo useless ! 

Just my 2 pence on it ;) 

If I get good electronics Tho I can always drop them into my dream RC a Losi 8ight 4.0....

it would be a Quicrun and a black can due to the 4mm bullets for £95. Or a UK Max 6 and a Castle copy motor for £135, or a Castle MMX/2650kv for £178 plus tax....

25 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nice did you get them of eBay in the end or through that link ? 

I sent a offer through eBay.

i sent Kershaw a email days ago, asking for a update, sent another one today, and called twice.  I guess tomorrow I'll just order the rock passion gears, and open a claim through PayPal for Kershaw.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guns said:

If I get good electronics Tho I can always drop them into my dream RC a Losi 8ight 4.0....

it would be a Quicrun and a black can due to the 4mm bullets for £95. Or a UK Max 6 and a Castle copy motor for £135, or a Castle MMX/2650kv for £178 plus tax....

I always go with the quote in the middle :lol: ;)

1 hour ago, Guns said:

I take it your no good with soldering then ?

For what power you'd draw the max8 will be fine  you'd even get away with the max10 to be fair but for the price difference you might aswell go overkill and get the max6 although it might be a tight fit in the rb one ? 

Where you getting your UK max6 ? 

1 hour ago, Timritchieblue said:

I sent a offer through eBay.

i sent Kershaw a email days ago, asking for a update, sent another one today, and called twice.  I guess tomorrow I'll just order the rock passion gears, and open a claim through PayPal for Kershaw.

Not sure what's going on at Kershaws at the minute but your not the first I've heard had a hard time getting hold of anyone. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

I take it your no good with soldering then ?

For what power you'd draw the max8 will be fine  you'd even get away with the max10 to be fair but for the price difference you might aswell go overkill and get the max6 although it might be a tight fit in the rb one ? 

Where you getting your UK max6 ? 

Yea im ok at soldering, but dont like the fly leads on the Quicrun, even though I could cut them down If im soldering.

Quicrun 150a would be from RC Mart and Black can would be China

Max 8 from Modelsport and a fake Castle can from wherever they come from.

I meant Max8 not a Max 6 lol. Although I did get my Max 6 in the X from MS

8 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

WOW, Kershaw refunded me on the differential gears in less than 10 minutes.  Gots me some Rock Passion gears in the mail.  WooHoo 

Result fella I'm sure your be happy with the rock passions mine so far have been rock solid ;)