• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Oh dear looks like Kershaws is having yet another delay on these ring and pinion gears as it now states mid October so that's yet another month away.. Do I invest in yet another pile of junk stock ones or wait it out, or just chuck the towel in and sell it ? 

Its a fun truck when it's going but that's not often enough sadly with the crappy drivetrain. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Oh dear looks like Kershaws is having yet another delay on these ring and pinion gears as it now states mid October so that's yet another month away.. Do I invest in yet another pile of junk stock ones or wait it out, or just chuck the towel in and sell it ? 

Its a fun truck when it's going but that's not often enough sadly with the crappy drivetrain. 

Just seen that myself

i don't know whether to risk getting the spiral cut ones only to find there no better, doesn't seem to be a lot of people talking too much about them,usually when somethings good people rave about things,

go on doddy don't be shy you first it's only money after all lol

48 minutes ago, turok007 said:

when the updated traxxas ones failed  it looked like they had a strange black coating but really thick.  i don't know if they changed the design again since

Traxxas don't normally change things they just stick with them come hell or high water, just look at the ESC.

4 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Traxxas don't normally change things they just stick with them come hell or high water, just look at the ESC.

they made the uprated diffs quick  so even they think the stock ones are no good.

38 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

The stockers and the spiral cut ones are pretty much out of stock everywhere here and the US all on back order which speaks for itself.

shame cos it takes the edge of what is essential a good truck.

Mid Sept/ Early Oct at Tower :( Theyre in my basket ready...

48 minutes ago, Guns said:

Mid Sept/ Early Oct at Tower :( Theyre in my basket ready...

Why I thought you had never broken a traxxas diff sine the early 90s  lol  :P

1 hour ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Just seen that myself

i don't know whether to risk getting the spiral cut ones only to find there no better, doesn't seem to be a lot of people talking too much about them,usually when somethings good people rave about things,

go on doddy don't be shy you first it's only money after all lol

I don't need to Kev already has and destroyed them just as quick as the stock so I'm not going to spend treble the price just to report what's already been done lol ..

3 hours ago, mond said:

The Kershaw option may be junk as well, if the quality of the metal and the design of the DBXL BL conversion kit is much to go by. 

Yep this is a concern TBH but what other option have we got ? 

23 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I keep ranting on the traxxas forum as well about this some are in denial and others sick off it too.

perhaps the new batch of spirals will be made of titanium,more likely toffee though.?

Its with good reason you keep ranting on fella, a truck with a drive train this weak is as good as a chocolate fire guard. You never know perhaps the geeks at Traxxaarse will pull there heads out the clouds and do something about it ! Sadly I doubt this very much just look at the slash drivetrain for example they know the shafts are butter soft it took them what 8 yrs ? to bring out a upgrade version but instead of upping the price and including them they upped the price and added TSM and a stupid kiddy sound box for gods sake Know you really look like a numpty playing with toy cars and it still breaks lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Its with good reason you keep ranting on fella, a truck with a drive train this weak is as good as a chocolate fire guard. You never know perhaps the geeks at Traxxaarse will pull there heads out the clouds and do something about it ! Sadly I doubt this very much just look at the slash drivetrain for example they know the shafts are butter soft it took them what 8 yrs ? to bring out a upgrade version but instead of upping the price and including them they upped the price and added TSM and a stupid kiddy sound box for gods sake Know you really look like a numpty playing with toy cars and it still breaks lol 

You shouldn't have said that we will probably get a maxx with Dolby surround sound now which we all desperately need

there probably making more money from the diffs than selling the actual cars,

whos the mugs here though,not them rubbing their hands together it's us keep coining out.

iam thinking of protesting about it outside the American embassy,let's get a possy up lol.

46 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

You shouldn't have said that we will probably get a maxx with Dolby surround sound now which we all desperately need

there probably making more money from the diffs than selling the actual cars,

whos the mugs here though,not them rubbing their hands together it's us keep coining out.

iam thinking of protesting about it outside the American embassy,let's get a possy up lol.

Which is why mines on the shelf broke as I'm feed up buying ruddy ring and pinions ;) 

Imagine if I'd be stupid enough to pay UK prices for it I'd be kicking myself for being mugged right off lol 

Its a real shame really as its a great fun truck to drive once you gear it up but it just can't handle the power wether that be on stock gearing or geared up :( 

Worse thing is they now seem worthless on the secondhand market and hard to shift on now folks know about the flaws surrounding it. 

50 minutes ago, turok007 said:

it is worthless  lol  and i should know.   who in there right mind would buy a truck with dodgy gears and even more dodgy ESC.   :D

You still had no luck selling yours then ? 

Blows that thoery of secondhand Traxxas goods holding there value out the water ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Which is why mines on the shelf broke as I'm feed up buying ruddy ring and pinions ;) 

Imagine if I'd be stupid enough to pay UK prices for it I'd be kicking myself for being mugged right off lol 

Its a real shame really as its a great fun truck to drive once you gear it up but it just can't handle the power wether that be on stock gearing or geared up :( 

Worse thing is they now seem worthless on the secondhand market and hard to shift on now folks know about the flaws surrounding it. 

Muggings here caved in and ordered another rear set,only 1 month since the last one fitted 

Iam going to run in training mode at about 80% throttle to hopefully try and preserve diffs a bit longer,or course I don't want to or shouldn't have to but it's like a drug I can't do without sadly.

This is all pretty negative but iam sure given time someone will bring bomb proof diffs to the table and we will be all over them and can then get back to moaning about the body coming off,which at the moment seems quite minor.

One last thing spare a thought for the younger generation who perhaps can't afford to keep shelling out like this.

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You still had no luck selling yours then ? 

Blows that thoery of secondhand Traxxas goods holding there value out the water ;) 

well the prices are going up on new traxxas.  but no one wants to pay for a used one.  i had a offer for the X £350  and when i was selling my slash 4x4 i was offered about £160   used prices for any car at the moment is lowwwwwwww

Is your XMaxx for sale on eBay? You won't get a good price on a forum, you'll get much more on eBay even with fee's. 7 day listing 99p start no reserve and you'll get your money. Regardless of McDoddy been a sly idiot and bringing me up sarcastically every two minutes

9 minutes ago, Guns said:

Is your XMaxx for sale on eBay? You won't get a good price on a forum, you'll get much more on eBay even with fee's. 7 day listing 99p start no reserve and you'll get your money. Regardless of McDoddy been a sly idiot and bringing me up sarcastically every two minutes

ebay sales slowed right down after the first few sold. 

1 hour ago, Guns said:

I didn't mention you at all fella so keep your knickers on ! 

Im sure there where other members in that discussion about Traxxas vehicles holding the value and not just you !