• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

£500-£600 to spend

hash

Hi all I've got around £500-£600 to spend on a new truck it can be brushless or petrol I've had few brushless models but never a petrol any input will be appreciated......BTW I'm currently running a savage flux 

Disagree, a well set up buggy or truggy would run rings round any Savage...
Give us some more details, are you looking for something just to bash or perhaps enter the racing world?
If you go brushless, are we to assume LiPos and a decent charger aren't included in the budget?
Entering the petrol world is all well and good, but they all need stuff right from the box, so if you're very strict on the £600, I'd strongly advise looking for a good condition second hand model.
Essentials will most likely be already done and you'll save a good few quid so you'll have some budget left for anything else you wish to add onto it.
Judging by the fact you've put it in the MT section, I don't think a DBXL quite qualifies.

Bashing Truggy?  Gotta be the Hyper ST Pro for me.  £250 roller, £35-50 electric conversion 'kit' then a huge amount of budget spare to fit a combo and servo.  Solid, reliable truggy, handles 6S if wanted (though capable on 4S and huge grins on 5s) with a huge community behind it and readily available spares.  The only thing that let's it down, and it's minor, is there's no E chassis - so there always be the extra gap in the chassis for the nitro flywheel.

Not hearing good things about the new Losi....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Bashing Truggy?  Gotta be the Hyper ST Pro for me.  £250 roller, £35-50 electric conversion 'kit' then a huge amount of budget spare to fit a combo and servo.  Solid, reliable truggy, handles 6S if wanted (though capable on 4S and huge grins on 5s) with a huge community behind it and readily available spares.  The only thing that let's it down, and it's minor, is there's no E chassis - so there always be the extra gap in the chassis for the nitro flywheel.

Not hearing good things about the new Losi....

I'll consider consider the hyper truggy but would prefer rtr 

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 5:10 PM, sean-vrs said:

wow.....this sites shows how royaly screwed we get in the uk....:yes:.....brand new savvy flux for 246 quid....:faintthud:...how much r/were they here....600 quid....give or take...:censored:

• Like 1

On 1/26/2016 at 7:12 PM, mydoddy69 said:

Hobao hyper MTe roller or rtr or wait until the summer and get the new version Hyper mt plus ;) 

The Hyper MT Plus sounds good.......any thoughts on losi XXL brushless ?