• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

In June 2015 it was called the solidworks dragon hammer. The baja forum page has some good info how much of it is still true? 

Alloy used is 6061T6

Engine fitted zenhoa 29cc

Rod ends all m5

Pipe production being put out to a top producer to make the best pipe possible.  

That's what a guy posted which he says the creator told him. This was in June mayb things changed and cuts was made. 

Edited by RCbutcher

Yeah suppose but i think it has potential mayb I have faith Bcos I've followed it on Facebook and sort of see it as a guys vision to make something. Like JQ products his full journey can be seen on youtube. 

Go pros story too. That's a great story starting out using the cheapest of cheap Chinese products lol. Look at go pro now. Started on $5,000 I think it was. ( yeah he sent his plastic cases plus $5k to an unknown entity for the cases to be fitted with $3.50 cameras afew months later received the cameras) that's epic. Ofcourse he must of paid more tho. 

Knowing I won't own either I'm just keen to follow both if I was buying it would be the kraken too for buyer confidence and Bcos I'm a brand junkie lol. Wow factor purchases :)

I want to get on the road tho so will keep saving making small purchases here and there. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Totally understand mate I just hope usa doesn't brand the dh a clone killing that guys dream lol. I wonder if he's the man behind fid or if he brought fid in tho.  

Edited by RCbutcher

47 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Yeah suppose but i think it has potential mayb I have faith Bcos I've followed it on Facebook and sort of see it as a guys vision to make something. Like JQ products his full journey can be seen on youtube. 

Go pros story too. That's a great story starting out using the cheapest of cheap Chinese products lol. Look at go pro now. Started on $5,000 I think it was. ( yeah he sent his plastic cases plus $5k to an unknown entity for the cases to be fitted with $3.50 cameras afew months later received the cameras) that's epic. Ofcourse he must of paid more tho. 

Knowing I won't own either I'm just keen to follow both if I was buying it would be the kraken too for buyer confidence and Bcos I'm a brand junkie lol. Wow factor purchases :)

I want to get on the road tho so will keep saving making small purchases here and there. 

The Gopro guy was actually a keen skier who wanted to snap pics of him and his mates skiing. So he designed and had manufactured a velcro wrist strap that would hold those cheap one use cameras you used to get. The strap proved popular, but he wasn't happy with the quality of the pics. So, he got a small business loan and the rest is history. He's now a billionaire! 

Good luck to him, he deserves it! 

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Don't get me wrong, the DH looks real good and the feedback on it so far has been brilliant, but I've just got myself set on the Kraken now and absolutely nothing is going to change my mind now :) 

The problem with vekta  is how will you be able to put the AJ stamp on it when it already comes hopped up?

Just now, sean-vrs said:

The problem with vekta  is how will you be able to put the AJ stamp on it when it already comes hopped up?

Kraken have already said DDM and Turtle have a range of hops ups to follow and there is talk of a SC/Trophy Truck body at some point, all the American tuning companies will be all over this like a rash....

• Like 1

We also understand that an RC is not an RC without exciting hop-ups. Therefore, during the development of the KV5, we reached out to companies like DDM and Turtle Racing to future-proof your investment. Please be on the look out for exciting after-market hop-ups coming from them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

We also understand that an RC is not an RC without exciting hop-ups. Therefore, during the development of the KV5, we reached out to companies like DDM and Turtle Racing to future-proof your investment. Please be on the look out for exciting after-market hop-ups coming from them.

Sorted!

16 minutes ago, mond said:

To be fair, both cars look pretty well specced out as they come. Perhaps one weakness on the Kraken will be the plastic rod ends on the sway bar. They'll snap if that car rolls badly.

Easily sorted with rose joints all around...

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Link no worky.... What were you expecting size wise??

image.thumb.jpeg.7848d94014c21342a2fd200

I was honestly expecting it to be a good chunk bigger then the 5ive.... especial for the price..... deffo needs bigger wheels and tires as they look tiny in the picture compared to the truck itself.

Edited by scatteh316

Few thing I don't like seeing it in the pictures.... I would like some anodised colour adding to the parts as it looks plain and boring and the rear section of the cage is an ugly square.... Think the DH cage is much better from a visual point go view.

That rear axle is bloody beefy though...

Looks fine to me, too many coloured parts look cheap and nasty to me, silver or raw parts always age better and don't look as rough when heavily used and beaten up, End of the day chose whichever one you want and don't worry about the other :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

The Gopro guy was actually a keen skier who wanted to snap pics of him and his mates skiing. So he designed and had manufactured a velcro wrist strap that would hold those cheap one use cameras you used to get. The strap proved popular, but he wasn't happy with the quality of the pics. So, he got a small business loan and the rest is history. He's now a billionaire! 

Good luck to him, he deserves it! 

Surfing but yes wrist strap and a disposable camera lol. It's crazy he used $3 innards in the gopro. His first business crashed with the .com bubble so went surfing to cool off. Thought up the gopro. 

The cage might be that shape to protect the axle too. I like anodised colors but agree they soon look poor once the silver bleeds through. 

But do think ther both very welcome additions to the 5th scale family. I wish them both a successful future and can't wait to see a shootout.