• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

Hoss carried out extensive testing with very informative information, a really positive review for the DH, i've just been curious to what the Krakken actually performs like as there doesn't seem to be many on here with one to compare, still looking for a direct comparison review of the 2 cars, but found the above quite interesting to see what donkeys they have and how they perform, all it really shows is some really expensive toys and that it doesn;t matter how big the engine is, if you cant drive !!!

Demonstrated perfectly in the video.:)

5 hours ago, kangarilla said:

Some footage of the krakken and some interesting engines close up for the geeks out there.

Great video... one comment and slightly off topic but look at the track, the space, the gazebos, in fact everything. In the UK we struggle like fools and get moved on by landowners, authorities, etc. I and my fellow bashers count ourselves very fortunate we do have a summer location to use......

Apologies for my off topic post.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HomerSimpson said:

Great video... one comment and slightly off topic but look at the track, the space, the gazebos, in fact everything. In the UK we struggle like fools and get moved on by landowners, authorities, etc. I and my fellow bashers count ourselves very fortunate we do have a summer location to use......

Apologies for my off topic post.

Buy you own bit of land,problem solved,it's not like he/they just built a track on a scrap bit of land and no one said anything :)

1 minute ago, losi8igh said:

Buy you own bit of land,problem solved,it's not like he/they just built a track on a scrap bit of land and no one said anything :)

Thats a great idea.... Its a shame we're not all as rich as you to be able to do that.... 

But, hey if you can afford it then good luck to you...!

if a group of you club together youd be surprised by how cheap you could buy a bit of land for. do a bit of crowd funding to help you along and you could start your own track within a year id say. if you cracked on with plans and getting permissions. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. My buddy is running the fid. He really likes it. 

Neither of us have much 1/5 experience though or own the kraken to compare the 2. I do have a baja and a losi5t. Next to no runtime on the 5 but a bit on the baja. 

We we had the fid out at jubilee park golf course last Sunday morning. I got to use it myself briefly and gave it abut of a proper blast for the 1st time. Maybe 3 mins, so not long. It's not mine of course so I jumped it but not big. Big enough though fit me at the time. I managed to not crash it which was my main concern at the time!

my mate did crash it a fair bit though and it held up well with no breakages. I have seen video of a kraken running there and I'd hoped we'd bump into them but they didn't arrive. Kmt2000 an fg and a dbxl did tho. 

My general thoughts on the fid as a non owner ( so relatively in biased I'd like to think)....

it looks great!... And yes there are lots of flash looking parts.  The alloy seems ok. The cage is turning out to be strong, body panels feel to me a bit thin but they are surviving so far. 

Its heavy! But so is a 5t. Baja feels easy to carry and transport in comparison. 

The rear diff area or drive shaft has an annoying squeakyness...I don't like the stock tyres myself but they seem to work ok. 

It jumps nice, but wants to nose down ( though I felt the breaks were not releasing properly so that may have been the cause) apparently there is an upgrade brake linkage. 

Its fast with the zenoah 320 and "race" pipe. Similar in speed to my xmaxx which I'm guessing is 40+ at the mo. I got the inside front wheel lifting a little when hooning about out of turns. 

The he suspension is really good at soaking up jumps. The quarry will be a great spot for it but its owner stephen is not keen on getting it destroyed there. 

It does roll over a fair bit.... I think the tyres with their very square edge don't help and driving style of course effects this. In my brief run I could have rolled it 3 times but I saved them all quite easily, 2 of them I was trying to get it to roll and I was cornering harder and faster than Stevo does. I felt that it liked being driven more aggressively. Make of that what U will. ;)

Think the vid of my run I've scheduled to come live next Friday at 6pm, and the main bash and chat the fri after. 

Price comparison wise I think the vektor comes in at £1550? With a motor and servos?? From mmr.... The fid was £850 as a roller. But with the 320 and servos etc I think realistically the fid is standing at least £1300+ so at that ball park I don't see the fid being cheaper enough than the vektor to make money a big deciding factor between the 2. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So it's all gone quiet in here, did any forum members get one or the other now that they have both been availabe for a few months? I'm certainly considering 1 or the other as my next large scale purchase so be keen to here some up to date opinions on them.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 20:20, rudeboy said:

So it's all gone quiet in here, did any forum members get one or the other now that they have both been availabe for a few months? I'm certainly considering 1 or the other as my next large scale purchase so be keen to here some up to date opinions on them.

as far as I`m aware no one has the kraken on here......:good:..

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get one. Spoke to Kraken a number of times but because I'm in the UK they did not seem interested at all. Ended up having to order through MMR in the July. September came and still no Vekta. Took me two weeks to get a refund!

I thought to hell with Kraken, and put the money towards having a studio built to airbrush in.