• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savy flux

stevo2551

So I'm in the process of saving up (might take a while with family commitments) for a savy flux, I've already got a trophy buggy flux and a savy x 5.9 (and more but that's irrelevant for now :D) whilst I love the nitro side of things, I also like the ease of Lipo power and not having to faff around every time I go out. Not sure if I'm going new or 2nd hand yet, only time will tell. I've come across a few used alza flux's, but what are they? Are they just upgraded parts or can you buy one new? What's the difference and how are they better...if they are? 

http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/ they make sum very nice savvy parts to make ur stock flux/savvy a lot stronger..i have a few alza bits on my flux....:yes:..my  build thread ...may b of sum inspiration  for u http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/topic/204682-my-alza-xl-savvy/  theres a tidy one on here for sell...:yes:

Edited by evssv

Hasn't the Savage Flux been discontinued? New XL in the making...

My Savage is covered in Alza parts as are many others. Well made parts. I bought a roller and built from there. Loads of build threads on the Savage here that will give you an idea of what is worth buying. Mine is in the gallery section.

I built a Savvy from the ground up. I've used an Alza chassis and CD mount, but stock parts everywhere else. It's tough, it even handles quite well. It was far cheaper doing it this way. 

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have a read through of your thread when I've got more time to sit down evs, for now I'm upto p4 lol I'm not sure what route to go down when I do but it'll only be for bashing up at the local quarry, I wanted one ages ago but couldn't justify the price tag so I got a used nitro x instead, that cured my itch for a while but it's coming back again ha, I contemplated converting the 5.9, but I like it too much and thought a nice flux would look good sat next to it. Also means I can let the Mrs loose with the x and not cringe all the time as I'll be buisy watching mine....

That's probably what I'll end up doing, I like the stripping, cleaning and rebuilding side of the hobby, I find it quite therapeutic, and it's a nice change from working on 1:1 cars for a living :lol: