• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Running HV servo's on a 7.2v NiHm vs 2S LiPo?

scatteh316

is there much of a noticeable difference between the 2? 

I currently use a 2S LiPo but I'm getting tired of taking in and out my King Motor X2 to charge it as the stock NiHm was just a tiny connector that I used as it didn't need to be balanced charged.

So I was thinking of moving to a 7.2v NiHm so I get high voltage but also I can charge it without ever having to remove it form my battery box.

Will I notice much of a difference? 

13 hours ago, andyknight said:

Simple, if something goes wrong with the battery whilst charging up goes hundreds of pounds of rc car in flames.  Would have thought it was obvious....

There is being careful and then going over the top, I'm the same really I refuse to cross the road outside my house in case I get hit by a bus and I live in a cul de sac! :@.@:

2 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

There is being careful and then going over the top, I'm the same really I refuse to cross the road outside my house in case I get hit by a bus and I live in a cul de sac! :@.@:

I also fly model aircraft as well as mess with 1/5 scale stuff and a member of our flying club almost lost his house to a lipo fire. He was charging it in his garage turned his back on it for 15 mins to find his garage which was joined to his house well alight so be warned.

37 minutes ago, beano123 said:

I also fly model aircraft as well as mess with 1/5 scale stuff and a member of our flying club almost lost his house to a lipo fire. He was charging it in his garage turned his back on it for 15 mins to find his garage which was joined to his house well alight so be warned.

Totally out of context I don't charge lipos unless I'm in attendance, in the  rc car or not I don't leave charging lipos unattended