• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

4wd 1/8th on 6s?

330D

Hi guys,

I have a few 6s 5000mah 60c-120c lipos for my helis, so would like to kill 2 birds and use these in truck to get me back into car bashing.

I know theres a few trucks/truggies out there that claim they can run on 6s stock, but some ive seen have dual lipo trays so no good for my needs.

The front runner at the moment is the losi xxl-2 electric as it seems to be able to take a single 6s pack in its tray. Can anyone else suggest any other 1/8 trucks/truggies out there that will fit a sinbgle 6s lipo and wont disintegrate on 6s??, the arrma kraton looks very nice but ive heard a lot about it not doing so well on a 6 cell setup.

thanks

so u wanna buy one already done for 6s abuse??hhmm...I have a few 6s ready bashers what handle 6s no probs....converted hyper7....mt4g3...savage flux....losi lst2E.....ones I`ve sold which could handle 6s....hyper st truggy....eb4g3 buggy....but 4 of these r nitro converted to brushless....the only ones I know to take 6s out the box ....and handle it is the mt4g3......urs for 300 quidish new form germany

Edited by evssv

The Arrma stuff hold up to 6s well. But with some abuse on 6s all 1/8th stuff will wear quicker. Just depends on your driving style. The only real problem with the Arrma stuff were the ESC's but that has now been resolved. i've had no problem with mine. If it has to be run on 6s then i'd go for a Hyper st or 7, Hpi Vorza, Thunder Tiger mt4 g3 or one of the Arrma cars.

Thanks for the info guys ill check those trucks out.

I'd like it to be fast but no crazy,  can you limit max throttle and adjust soft start on the tx or esc on these to go easier on the drive train?

I'd love a 1/5th but not actually sure I've got anywhere near me to use I've. 

6 hours ago, mond said:

If you have two 6S and they're identical, why not get really serious and have a look at an MGM powered Losi 5ive.

Ha ha!

That's just crazy Mond.... 'You have two packs, value of around 100 quid, why not times that by 10 and quite a bit, just to use them' :lol:

3 hours ago, 330D said:

Thanks for the info guys ill check those trucks out.

I'd like it to be fast but no crazy,  can you limit max throttle and adjust soft start on the tx or esc on these to go easier on the drive train?

I'd love a 1/5th but not actually sure I've got anywhere near me to use I've. 

fast=4s...crazy fast=6s......:yes: