• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How secure does this look?

fish6634

I am considering storing my x2 in my shed and was wondering how secure this looks?

The glass in the shed is 10mm thick laminated backed up with Georgian wired glass. All the hinges have coach bolts through them and it has 3 locks on the door.

Plus the x2 is chained down.

1812ff8f01d2bf71217e8af51431780a.jpgbcb64cd9e9cce42518adff998e26e99a.jpg36faba8d7c0233fb0e5c4759f98f38c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd still  get sum kind of  movement  sensor  alarm. ....soon as they hear  that there gonna  b on there toes ..and obviously  u need to be able  to hear it  going  off also. .....There's loads on ebay   we got one on our shed ..as sonn as our door moves  2-3 inches  open  its  screaming 

Edited by evssv

If they want it they will get it... you just slow them down. Locks only stop the honest ;)

That's style of lock can usually be destroyed with a few well places hammer blows. The laminated steel layers usually come apart making it fall apart. And the long u swapped shank makes it sooo easy to get bolt cutters in. Something like a solid abus lock or even the ones you see on bike chains seem to serve well. Soem have armor coming up the sides a long way. 

And no matter how big you make the lamps on the shed. The corners tend to be weak. We had a shed that got attempted to get broken into so we put nice big metal lasps on... few weeks later they came back and pried the whole front off the shed! So you could also check yours and secure a nice thick bit of wood in corners to tie the sides of the shed on better and around doorway. 

Its kind  of a never ending story really just pretend you've lost the keys and think... how could I get into this shed now..  you can only slow them down

Good deterant are dumby cameras that can  be bought cheap 

I use a 16mm anchor chain on my r6, connected to a ground anchor.

As already said, you can have the strongest chain. It's what it's connected to and the lock used to join it that's normally the weak point.

At the end of the day though we're talking a radio controlled toy here.

If the wife/girlfriend has insisted you keep it outside then refuse.

Sometimes we just give in too easily.

Edited by Thedrum2010

27 minutes ago, evssv said:

If u want a 100% chain ..look in to almax chains...watch there vid.....u will b impressed. ...Every one I know was.. ...

But a chains is only as good as what its secured to so unless its concreted in to the ground anchor style . ....or through  a steel pole/gurder  type  object its not much use

38 minutes ago, evssv said:

Almax are a brand name who supply sub standard anchor chain at over inflated prices.

If I were looking for a decent chain, as I was when I purchased my first sports bike I'd look towards a shipbuilder who sells proper anchor chain at real world prices.

A couple of metres of decent chain would probably cost as much as your rc though, add to this a decent lock and your security is costing more than your "man toy"

22 minutes ago, Thedrum2010 said:

Almax are a brand name who supply sub standard anchor chain at over inflated prices.

If I were looking for a decent chain, as I was when I purchased my first sports bike I'd look towards a shipbuilder who sells proper anchor chain at real world prices.

A couple of metres of decent chain would probably cost as much as your rc though, add to this a decent lock and your security is costing more than your "man toy"

Ahh....never  knew  this 

2 hours ago, fish6634 said:

The glass in the shed is 10mm thick laminated backed up with Georgian wired glass.

How about a blind/cover for window when your not working in it. if they cant see in it why go to the effort of getting in.

Convince the mrs to keep it in the house, the more you cover your shed in locks and chains and whatever else all you are doing is advertising that there is something of great value locked inside and will be a big incentive for them. But then if it has to stay there has to be some sort of protection.....i'd put my foot down and insist it stays in the house.

Come on graham grow a pair and tell the missus it stays indoors lol only joking mate just do what roverman said and remove the fuel tank it's safer anyway whether it's in the house or the shed