• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper .21 8 port throttle adjustment query

Lucas2504

I recently started up my Hyper .21 that hasn't been run in a few months. I have managed to get the engine idling steadily without the wheels turning by sheer luck of turning the idler needle by a random anticlockwise amount however I believe that is is still incorrect in some way as whenever I pull the trigger, nothing happens. The carb is however opening to let more air in as I stared down the carb and can see it opening so i'm not sure why the engines revs don't increase. Additionally when I turn on the car the servo's default position is to totally close the carb. I'm averagely new to nitro  so this confuses me as to why the engine can idle when the carb is totally shut, is there always a slight gap that allows air through? how does the needle affect this and are there any other needles that I need to adjust. I have searched for threads similar to this but couldn't find anything where pulling the trigger did nothing.

I swapped batteries for another hump pack that is definitely full and the servo moved more, I correct some of the needle positions to the 'standard' rich settings. However I believe that there may be a stripped gear in the servo as it will only move one direction when I pull the trigger, it does not move when I brake. I might put a savox in there to see if that helps.

If you disconnect the servo...set the carb....it should start and you can operate the throttle manually....of course have the vehicle on a block so wheels are free to turn. The idle screw on the carb should always dictate the minimum gap.