• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

min cash needed and options?

bjsparks

hi guys

am quite a keen modeller, cars , gliders , electric planes and am looking to try a quadcopter, I know not a lot about them but have seen an original phantom and was impressed, the auto hovering. the returning to base and change of controls plus video.

so what do I need to spend new and second hand to get something of similar abilitys and what makes / models would u suggest?

ive seen 50 quid ones in shop, what do these do diff to phantoms etc?

specifics please guys

many thx bj

All depends on what you want to do with it? If you want to capture HD Aerial footage then get a phantom as all reviews praise it but im taking it you have never flown a quad before? They are very similar to flying a heli and like me you should learn on something basic that will not cost a lot to fix if you do crash. Also learning to fly on a more basic machine will benefit you in the long run as most like the hubsan x4 or Blade qX which are ideal starter quads does not have GPS etc just a gyro so relies on more of your input rather than the near fully automated phantom quads. I was put off buying one for that reason. Best to learn the basics and move up :)

• 5 weeks later...

do u get the same sort of speed and range out of the hubsanx4 that u do the  quanum nova?.. aslo whats the difference between the cheerson and nova they look fairly similar>?

cheers guys