• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

On 23/01/2017 at 12:45, XV Pilot said:

A strange move - that can't have done the car's handling any favours. Maybe the previous owner was trying to use it as a crawler?

Looks easy enough to remove though. Perhaps put some thick AW grease in there instead? Mad Bulls do benefit from a slowed diff offroad IMO.

On 23/01/2017 at 12:28, TMaxxDave said:

Stripping my recently purchased Madbull to find this...

a36231a46c9356957525d62aa0c9e183.jpg

186ead4c013e52fc403178be3acbeac7.jpg

1b22f27cb1f307cd93e8d94c79b4ee80.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Guilty, it's my old car from about three+ years ago. I must have locked the diffs around 5 years ago as I was using it in the snow and found locked diffs helped. That was my first every RC. Can't remember who I sold it too but I think I sold two chassis for about £20. It's over 10 years old now. I got it for Christmas when I was 9.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Geeze said:

Back them with foil to simulate reflectors?

Or go the whole hog and glue light buckets behind and fit LEDs :)

I did think that after i posted my last post but its unlikely this shell will see a run

Guilty, it's my old car from about three+ years ago. I must have locked the diffs around 5 years ago as I was using it in the snow and found locked diffs helped. That was my first every RC. Can't remember who I sold it too but I think I sold two chassis for about £20. It's over 10 years old now. I got it for Christmas when I was 9.

Well..... its got a new lease of life as my Eldest girls 1st RC :-). I paid £23 for it with almost enough spares to build a 2nd one. Which im currently doing slowly

3 hours ago, TMaxxDave said:

Well..... its got a new lease of life as my Eldest girls 1st RC :-). I paid £23 for it with almost enough spares to build a 2nd one. Which im currently doing slowly

There should be a second car worth of spares. You might need a few little bits to finish it. I'm glad it's another person's first RC, once finished could you upload a few pictures..

f414c3bb995d926b37281553424af851.jpg

949c13f893fad7528d950e751228ffac.jpg

It is missing some of the upper deck pieces, but everything is held in and secure so I'll add the missing bits when I've got a few spare pennies. The wheels are off a Wild Willy, one is cracked but works fine, they cost me postage without the tyres.

The Torque tuned motor is new and the ESC is new, the Servo I had in stock. The pinion is 17t steel Tamiya and new. The body came as is and so did the shocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TMaxxDave said:

New basher shell for the TB01. Need to repair the cracked front bumper but never used shoe glue or what ever its called before. Any pointers?

Shows glues pretty good, the only negative is that sometimes it can reactivate the paint and cause discolouring other than that its very durable and strong. When its dry its like rubber so has lots of give.

On 17/03/2017 at 17:54, Oh How Original said:

I'm now in the cool club :P

DSC_4205_zpsauqgmegt.jpg

I wouldn't call a grasshopper a free pass to the world of Tamiya chap, you need at least five, one of each sector shall we say?

good solid start though, you need to be looking at a lunchbox soon, it's written in Tamiya law you must own at least one in the time of hobby :rofl:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big gaz said:

I wouldn't call a grasshopper a free pass to the world of Tamiya chap, you need at least five, one of each sector shall we say?

I have 5. 2x DT-02, 1x DT-03T, 1x DF-02 and a Super Clod Buster. Ok, it's not one from each sector but still....................................

Well not being too picky or definitive,

buggy, grasshopper (you got)

monster truck, now there is many but I will stand by the lunchbox and its chassis variants.

tank, some of the finest made, it ain't that price for nothin...

truck, bells and whistles mate you know how it is :good:

touring, tt01/2 by far and away the jack of all trades chassis (I raced, drifted and rallied a tt01) by no means is it perfect but it does more than any other.

hows that for now mate? :good:

• Like 1

That Konghead will be in my fleet. One day.

Fairly sure a TC will too......................................

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big gaz said:

monster truck, now there is many but I will stand by the lunchbox and its chassis variants.

touring, tt01/2 by far and away the jack of all trades chassis (I raced, drifted and rallied a tt01) by no means is it perfect but it does more than any other.

You forgot these :lol:

CC

Rally

F1

3 Speeds

SRBs

Best remortgage if your getting into Tamiya :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dirt-540 said:

You forgot these :lol:

CC

Rally

F1

3 Speeds

SRBs

Best remortgage if your getting into Tamiya :lol:

Tam is small change for young Daniel :P

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Good solid start though, you need to be looking at a lunchbox soon, it's written in Tamiya law you must own at least one in the time of hobby :rofl:

Oh dear, I guess I am just a poser then. :(

• Like 3

Ive not owned a Lunchie. Nor will I im sorry to say.

My Tamiya fleet has or does consist of.

3x TB01s
1x TB01B (custom build)
1x TL01B
1x TT02B

And soon to be WT01 and a Konghead when ive got bored and freed up some pennies. Ive bought the WT01 coz im too impatient to wait for the Konghead and i had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

I doubt I'll ever buy a Tamiya tank... £900+ for something without bearings, seems excessive to me, I do want a wagon, but terribly impractical for me.

TC/rally and MT are definitely a possibility.

If the rule is hard and fast on 5, I'm happy to not be in the 'club' and keep my money in my pocket :P 

I did actually own a Knight Hauler with a 40ft trailer and logger, so that's 2/5 lol.

Edited by Oh How Original

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2015 at 16:24, XV Pilot said:

I have posted this one before in another thread, but it fits here too, so I hope nobody minds a reposting:

DSC04749_zpsouphuw6l.jpg

Based on a M-03 with the usual mods and a Sport Tuned motor, it is a fun little performer that won me a few medals back in my racing days.

you have some nice models dude good job

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nitrostu said:

you have some nice models dude good job

Thanks! A lot of credit should go to my wife though - the vast majority of the cars in my fleet were received from her as Christmas, birthday or anniversary presents.

• Like 1