• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

On 09/02/2016 at 21:24, Noj said:

Very nice.

Being a pedant, could the RR3 shell be lowered a couple of mm or so?

This is how it looks once the suspension has settled with the weight of a battery on board:

Settled

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 3

Ta dudes.

Only thing I think I might add is some mudflaps, probably bicycle inner tube or similar... Though I prefer the type that sit on the body rather than in the arch itself which might make it a little more of a fiddle to work out mounting.

Like on the rear here:

1317180598180060501.jpg

This is my beloved old Stadium Blitzer. I grew up looking through the Tamiya catalogues always wanting one, saved up for what felt like forever to buy it. This one must be about 20 years old now... A good few years ago I gave it a bit of an overhaul, a load of new parts from my fairly vast spares collection, a shiny new body (basher body is an original body, box art decals but unpainted), made myself an aluminium motor mount and some titanium turnbuckles. I fitted a set of 3Racing dampers (for DF03) and some Proline wellies. Hopefully have some new electrics in it soon and start getting it muddy again! 

Blitzer_4.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my idea of what a Grasshopper III would look like if Tamiya had chosen to release one:

DT-01 Mad Bull

It is a DT-01 Mad Bull fitted with Star Dish wheels and Super Gripper tyres, painted traditional Grasshopper white and decalled with a mix of Mad Bull, Twin Detonator and Neo Scorcher decals to give my idea of a contemporary take on the Grasshopper theme.

Edited by XV Pilot

{option}http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/pauly_22/mini.jpg[/IMG]

had my first tamiya since about 1998/99

want to get back into the hobby. Looking at buying some extra models.

Edited by Pauly.22

It is a lot of fun - great for guilt free bashing as it is cheap, tough and capable. 

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Noj said:

Finger always hovers over the 'buy' button with the MB, and I don't know why it hasn't been pressed....

I still have a plan, it's just on hold....................................................................................

Finished rebuilding my ebay TA04 for the Iconic Cup.

During a pretty standard strip down/ rebuild I fitted a new part of the rear gearbox, due to a crack in the rear belt idler bracket, sorted out the rear body posts, full set of bearings, aluminium hexes, new servo mounts, 3Racing dampers, and dropped my electrics into it (Tekin Redline 13.5 motor, Hobbywing Xtremestock ESC, Spektrum SR3500 receiver, Associated XP1015 servo). Finally rewired everything to keep it nice & tidy.

Before (as it arrived):

IMAG0753_zpsperozgob.jpg

And after:

IMAG0791_zpsodk5otu6.jpg

IMAG0792_zpsmtnwijzi.jpg

Edited by Trackstar

3 hours ago, Trackstar said:

Finished rebuilding my ebay TA04 for the Iconic Cup.

During a pretty standard strip down/ rebuild I fitted a new part of the rear gearbox, due to a crack in the rear belt idler bracket, sorted out the rear body posts, full set of bearings, aluminium hexes, new servo mounts, 3Racing dampers, and dropped my electrics into it (Tekin Redline 13.5 motor, Hobbywing Xtremestock ESC, Spektrum SR3500 receiver, Associated XP1015 servo). Finally rewired everything to keep it nice & tidy.

Before (as it arrived):

IMAG0753_zpsperozgob.jpg

And after:

IMAG0791_zpsodk5otu6.jpg

IMAG0792_zpsmtnwijzi.jpg

Nice one. TA-04 is a cracking car.