• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

On 1/3/2016 at 10:34 PM, atom3624 said:

A few I forgot!!

Built these 3 before I went to the 1st F1 at Indianapolis in 2000 - going back a bit!!

(Just photographed now - Jugg's changed a little bit since - 2x Traxxas 550 motors power it now through an EVX - from the E-Maxx)

St.%20Helens-20160103-00540_zpsyyio2ret.

St.%20Helens-20160103-00541_zpsyjlkorqw.

Al.

I like the look of that there Jugg. 

• Like 1

Just now, johninderby said:

Like the Jugg.  Notice there's three of them on eBay at the moment although I won't be bidding. Have the TXT-2 "Psycho" and the Clodbuster Bigfoot" as it is so no more Tamiya monster trucks at the moment. :018::018::018:

John

I have my Cloddy but I want that Jugg lol

Cheers guys.

It's been a good servant actually - quite good in the snow, being so high up!

Nowhere near as stable as the E-Maxx and E-Ram, but that's to be expected.

It's an ESP stretch kit, I think. Those alloys are quite heavy and give it a bit more stability.

Not a basher, obviously.

Al.

19 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Cheers guys.

It's been a good servant actually - quite good in the snow, being so high up!

Nowhere near as stable as the E-Maxx and E-Ram, but that's to be expected.

It's an ESP stretch kit, I think. Those alloys are quite heavy and give it a bit more stability.

Not a basher, obviously.

Al.

Like with Psycho it handles well and is fairly stable and is fun to run around but I certainly wouln't jump it with those incredibly heavy wheels. Have the mental image of doing a big jump and landing and watching all four wheels go flying off in different directions. :eek:

John

• Like 1

1 good thing .... the mirrors are not Tamiya originals!

Got fed up of it falling over and having to repair them.

It's got the black rubber ones you can find on Ebay - one of the best mods ever on the Jugg!!

Al.

5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

1 good thing .... the mirrors are not Tamiya originals!

Got fed up of it falling over and having to repair them.

It's got the black rubber ones you can find on Ebay - one of the best mods ever on the Jugg!!

Al.

Fortunately neither Psycho or Bigfoot have mirrors. :D

John

It's me and the details again, but there again, how many 'Monster Trucks' have mirrors on?

Always liked the Psycho approach - still have a 'spare' shell I had sidelined for that purpose, BF #19?

Having to go a bit easy for now ... anyway, enough of me!

Al.

I have thought of getting another set of Clod tyres and stock TXT wheels for actually running and keep the alloys for shelf duty but that will have to wait for a liitle while. Already spent my £5.00 rc budget for this month.  :(

Be glad when the house sale is completed and I'm in the new place end of the month and I'll have a few quid to spare for new projects then. :36_11_12[1]:

John

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one of my M-05 Fiat 500:

M-05 Fiat 500 blue shell

A Speed Passion 13.5t brushless motor gives plenty of performance without shredding the tyres after a single run, and the 3Racing alloy steering upgrades keep everything precise and slop-free.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

It is indeed - black faded to metallic blue. The wheels are by Ride if I remember correctly - I bought them a while ago and kept them until the right project came along.

Here is the other one of my DT-02 buggies, this one in Desert Gator guise, with a few more hop-ups than the Black Knight shown earlier in the thread:

BBB

BBB rear

Edited by XV Pilot

• 2 weeks later...