• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Oil

ROBSTER 1992

9 minutes ago, ROBSTER 1992 said:

No not saying that I just get the impression that nobody knows what they are talking about.

I am not going to have a argument with all you guys I'm a nice guy deep down everyone's different and I don't like to make enemies I like to stay positive and have no negative thoughts and I like to SMILE MORE as Romanatwood says.

I don't want to fall out with you guys I'm just saying what I think.

Good - start again then.  Listen to advice from VERY experienced members and all will be hunky dorey!  :008:

Most will have there oil they like and this is my take based of quite a few fact through my own testing.

I used MX5 for 2 years from getting an OBR 29.5FM

That engine had seen a few rebuilds over that time, I measure piston rings before I even fit them in the motor using feeler gauges.

I buy only gen piston rings these are the only rings I've found to be within spec, other brands are well off.

Zen rings should measure 0.04-0.06 using the ring in the barrel method, other rings have been 0.26 new lol I've removed rings and binned then with less wear when I was testing how long a ring last.

My last ring in the OBR I used for 36 hrs time based off tto time stamp, the ring was just over half worn .32

I only change the ring, branded bearings and seal (Vitron) just because I stripped the engine for a rebuild, and to check for wear at 36 hrs :)

Now I then switch to mutol 800 and within 19 hrs the bearings are shot team fast Eddie ceramics, measured the ring and was worn 0.46 zen say replace at 0.55 the seals was good though.

That's the last time I used that oil now I red good reviews of that oil so base that off what you want, but like I say I measure rings before I even fit them so I no what's what from the off.

So now I thought I'd try bardahl oil £30 a litre so not cheap, again results was not impressive regarding piston ring wear on the 29.5/30.5.

The ring was replaced at 23 hrs bearings was not shot but worn, team fast Eddie steal bearings.

So based off my own info, testing and measurements I have now bought the trusted oil ready to use for the first rebuild of the SCZ and will be using MX5.

I will also be staying away from team fast Eddie bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive blown fasteddy crank bearing too. They are rubbish, the cage shattered on one in my reed engine after only 3 hours.

Ive blown fasteddy crank bearing too. They are rubbish, the cage shattered on one in my reed engine after only 3 hours.

Lol mine dint fair to bad then at 19 and 23 hrs but still pants, but this post was more about oil vs ring wear [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...