• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

It still has traxxas diffs tho lol. Traxxas chassis, shock towers, rx box , rear bulkhead diff cases. Oh and arms.  The rest is upgraded. I also did it cheap. Finding things like the tekno big bone for £16 all in rather than uk's  £40. Using hobbywing Leppard instead of castle.  

It is shocking for sure. £20 here and there soon adds up some items really are dumb like the jcobcepts chassis protector from germany £20. I expected a skin with hard coated rubber or something buy got two thick stickers. That was one of many late Friday night buys. 

Even so tho the xmaxx could be easily double that to a magpie like me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

I also did it cheap. 

The oxymoron of today, nay, this year!

Wonder what a £1600 Slash/rally would look like.....:lol:

Butcher, take up crack, would be cheaper than the hobby for yourself :P

• Like 1

I doubt it, it was done cheap at its spec I mean. 

If it was castle , king heads, proline (plus uk prices) it would be 1,300. It's not like it was done in a month tho just 30-40 each month.  It was always the plan to build something I wouldn't want to sell quick like every other rc I get. Run once then sell it for another over and over. It should be solid if it was ever sold it would be in bits too. But I doubt I will sell it especially before I've done the 100mph end goal with it. 

I want it to be an all in one rc instead of having £1,000+ in 10 rcs. It's one rc that can be anything.  Buggy, sc, truck, truggy, rally car, drift car, speed car.  That's how I've justified it to myself anyway. 

How much do you have into rc lol. My total spend is mayb 1.5k in all 3. 

Shape shifter, scx10, petrol baja.

It is crazy looking at my baja costing 400 spec'd and the rally full mod at double the price sure. If I could rewind I probably wouldn't do it again.  

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Butcher, the BL 5ive stands me at around 3k on its own, the BL badgers possibly 4k between them. Never managed to spend a cool 800+ on a 1/10th yet ;)

No pockets in a shroud :lol:

Would have almost been here by now, had that goddamn boat set sail on time!!!

I couldn't afford to start a 3k build lol if I knew I would get so carried away with the rally build I might have not botherd. I'm not the first or only to buy every upgrade available owning a traxxas. I've seen £1,000 mervs built on here.  What's an extra £20 gonna do attitude adds up.  I've said I felt dumb in the 1st post about this. But I did it with the intention to have a special rc. That's what I have one of the most popular rcs made. Still in production and years and years of life still in the design. My plan was to have one rc that does everything that's what it is. So 800 isn't bad considering that. Including its lipos charger and then lipo safety and storage included into the price.  It's all of my brushless hobby in one box. £830 is the price on that box but I haven't actually paid that straight I do still butcher rcs for profit and use that on my hobby Which paid for half of it. Buying joblots and selling rollers. I'm penny wise still. My baja brand new cost me £260 I'm not a moron. But was alittle ott on this one build. 

Edited by RCbutcher

You should know me well enough by now - I'm being a cheeky monkey......a man is free to spend his money on whatever brings him pleasure, after all essential life costs are covered of course ;)

Think on, we've no young children or a mortgage to pay for, don't have an extravagant lifestyle, house running costs are relatively cheap so what we have is ours to spend as we please; we count ourselves very lucky and fortunate.

When you look at what RCs are being released, 649 quid to be an X test pilot is a mere drop in the ocean, compared to the 2k you'll need to get into a Kraken Vekta.5 and that could turn out to be a right pile of poo :lol: 

Edited by Noj
Typo
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I feel happy having purchased the rigid collars for my 1:1 now!!

We are now ending Page 76 without anyone even owning an X-Maxx yet!!

Al.

Imagine what it's gonna b like when we do get our hands on them! :insane:

• Like 1

3 pages of awesomeness, quickly followed by 10 pages of moaning showing pictures of broken wheels, shock shafts, ring gears and hopefully, some ESC venting footage where correct procedures are adhered to. ;)

Anyone else sense that this mild weather will last until the day before release....overnight the UK is plunged into sub zero temps with heavy snowfall and no delivery trucks can get on the roads until February:lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noj said:

3 pages of awesomeness, quickly followed by 10 pages of moaning showing pictures of broken wheels, shock shafts, ring gears and hopefully, some ESC venting footage where correct procedures are adhered to. ;)

Anyone else sense that this mild weather will last until the day before release....overnight the UK is plunged into sub zero temps with heavy snowfall and no delivery trucks can get on the roads until February:lol:

sub zero and snow? yes please:D time for some fun with a different 1/6 brushless;)

T'was a finger in the air number, if they really are a pile of poop, the griping could go on for many pages more.

With luck and a fair wind, there'll be pages of joy and happiness, after which, when owners have proved how good they are, the thread will slowly die until upgrade bits are released, then get all busy again as their faults are ironed out....

Just like every thread ever started for any RC.

Consistency. You can't beat consistency in any hobby. :good:

You could fit a large hamster ball inside rigged up to power it that way....perhaps a small gaggle of hamsters or, a well trained and sturdy Guinea pig. 

The next topic for discussion in the X thread is.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCbutcher said:

I was just looking at the vekta 5 and the ammount of space under the cage plus the size of the drive train. It could be the first 125cc buggy. 

£1200 quid ish seems not bad for the kraken.... Looks v cool 4 sure!