• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

4 hours ago, NG15 said:

The shop I've ordered from emailed today saying I should have it Friday all being well. 

However nothing goes goes well when traxxas are involved so I'll not hold my breath. One more delay and I'll cancel I think and put the money towards my cr250 budget.  

Cr250... Mx or supermoto?

id love to get hold of a supermoto again!... I tried mx for a while just for fun, no racing. Crashes put pay to that fun! 

Im still very excited to get my maxx.... U non buyers are doing your best to be a bunch of negative backseat drivers.... I'm not fazed... Not 1 bit actually. 

There will b parts for those that r not up to the task...we all mod our rc's to our taste and performance requirements after all. 

If if it turns out to be a great big pile of traxxasturd I'll accept your I told u so's of course! :ssh:

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 2

Thought I was missing something lol. Usuhally 1/8 diffs are carp due to there small teeth but from what I've seen these are abit bigger and hopefully stronger. I won't be using self right so I expect them to last. Love how the trucks been engineered so u can remove the diffs in a couple of minutes. 

Well if u fit a "proper " 1/5 setup in a what? 1/6... It's not 1/5 that's for sure then u got to expect things in gen to suffer. 

Not that we won't all do it if we get a bit bored w stock!.... 

45 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

It is standard Traxxas.

Basic truck will do for most hobby-ists, but those wanting to be 'more serious' or simply faster, need to start upgrading - strength, longevity, speed, etc.

This is a fantastic-looking BIG truck - everything's there for the enthusiast, then they hand what were presumably production-ready 'pre-production' models to the hobby stores - the REALLY serious guys, and everyone's surprised when things start going both right and wrong.

Could have happened to most manufacturers I suppose, but it is typical of what we know of Traxxas - good initial effort, but as stated, rely on the hop-ups for the 'real money'.

Al.

Post of the day ! Doesn't this apply to most RCs straight out of the box? 

I own 2 Traxxas cars and yes they do break but parts are readily available and are easily fixed.  

This is a big heavy truck that goes 35mph it will break if you cartwheel it on a hard surface. 

At £649 I thought it was a bargain compared to an E-revo and there is nothing like it available today.

This video sums it up for me.

• Like 1

A guy on RCTech has switched to a Mamba Monster X, his results are surprising! I've not read the entire thread yet, but his initial findings show a significant drop in motor temp when using the Castle ESC! 

Edited by Tug

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

A guy on RCTech has switched to a Mamba Monster X, his results are surprising! I've not read the entire thread yet, but his initial findings show a significant drop in motor temp from using the Castle ESC! 

The Traxxas forum guys reckon it's a different beast with mamba monster and a 18 pinion, no high temps and speed 40+mph

should that be Traxxas esc?

8 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

The Traxxas forum guys reckon it's a different beast with mamba monster and a 18 pinion, no high temps and speed 40+mph

should that be Traxxas esc?

It could be read either way, so I've edited to make it clearer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tug said:

A guy on RCTech has switched to a Mamba Monster X, his results are surprising! I've not read the entire thread yet, but his initial findings show a significant drop in motor temp when using the Castle ESC! 

Precisely what I found when I switched from the (early model) MMM to the XL2 with the same Feigao and same 6S LiPo.

I INcreased the current and the motor ran cooler, longer - still running now.

There's no substitute for quality.

LOVED that 'backyard' 'X' video earlier on - FANTASTIC driving and shows just how capable this truck is.

Liked his 'self-righting device' - his hand - works great!!

Al.

7 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

so it would be well worth just trying out a HW 150 esc to see how that effects temps then.....

There's only one way to find out fella try it and see ;)  would be a right result if it did tho :) 

Fingers crossed you get yours at the weekend ;) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

so it would be well worth just trying out a HW 150 esc to see how that effects temps then.....

Quicrun or Xerun 150 Amp ESC should outperform the Traxxas offering! 

• Like 1