• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

i have seen that the shafts broke.    And as i said before how is traxxas going to handle free replacements for this truck  as it is fast & heavy also powerful  so breaking something is going to be easy to do.

I like the idea of free spares! :mf_laughbounce:

but it not the idea of the 1st batch having sub standard shock shafts/ plastics/wheels??... Just read on another thread?? 

24 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I like the idea of free spares! :mf_laughbounce:

but it not the idea of the 1st batch having sub standard shock shafts/ plastics/wheels??... Just read on another thread?? 

what about the wheels. 

11 minutes ago, Noj said:

So new shafts and better wheels will be upgrades that are to be bought??

The guy who's broken his is getting freebies, no reason that anyone else wouldn't get free replacements, it sounds like Traxxas are recognising issues and dealing with them. 

• Like 1

So is that justifying the £100 price hike, or preparing us for the next one?

I suppose that if you treat a truck that size the way people treat 1/8 buggies, then something's definitely going to give!

Drive it like you own and enjoy it, not like you've just stolen it from the hobby shop down the road, and apart from that ESC venting, it should be good I reckon. ...... he says!!

Al.

Like any traxxas or any other truck for that matter that hits the market this will need a little TLC before it hits its full potential.. 

When traxxas say there going to sort the issue's tho what time scale do they have in mind this should be the question your asking IMO.. 

Mind you knowing the aftermarket scene around traxxas these issues wont take long to be sorted out but at what cost who knows, i mean just look at the price for a set of MIP's for the slash imagine how much they'd cost for this ?? mind you like i said before nothing in the 1/5th scale scene is cheap so it should be no surprise upgrades for this aren't either.. 

Just to clarify this a bit. 

The he guy who is active on the urc forum and traxxas forum with an early release xmaxx ( works at a hobby shop) has number 125 according to his serial number...

he he has cracked a wheel.. Traxxas said that the early release versions had a thinner wheel. They are sending him 4 new wheels and tyres which are the thicker newer style apparently. Hopefully we will all get those straight away! 

The shocks shafts I'm not so sure on wether they have been upgraded... But they are sending spares. 

He also cracked a battery hold down plastic part. He felt totally responsible for that as it happened when it was all frozen up with snow. They are sending him the new part anyway. 

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9049075-Got-a-X-Maxx!!!/page3

this is his forum posts from the traxxas forum... post 120 onward i think....

he says "they r sending me 2 new better shock shafts"...... lets hope better means thicker at the bottom where they snapped! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ocdcbr

So new shafts and better wheels will be upgrades that are to be bought??

The guy who's broken his is getting freebies, no reason that anyone else wouldn't get free replacements, it sounds like Traxxas are recognising issues and dealing with them. 

Traxxas have been sorting problems almost immediately , but that might be something to do with who these guys are ,the 80 first trucks were given to local stores and people in with traxxas , I wonder if the service will be as quick for us normal lot over here !

Definitely can get silly building a traxxas the way you can, most isn't needed but it's there on offer so why not.  In a year I've put 830 into my rally and haven't finished yet.  Mayb take off 100 tops for the standard plastics i sold on. 

I'm trying to not admit it but mayb I wish the xmaxx was announced just before I orderd the rally lol. 

But I always wanted a beast traxxas 1ten shape shifter and that's what it will be. Just need slash body.  Then some 2.8 wheels and pede body to run it how I want when I want. 

But yeah I do wish I didn't bother now and had that money to consider buying this. I'm not in a hurry to start another big build ever. This was the one and only new beast build I promised myself when selling my revo.  

• Like 1

Would I trade my 30min old rally for a 30min old xmaxx tho, I don't know tbh cos I'm at the end of the rally build and would be going into xmaxx at 830 and standard spec lol. 

1 minute ago, RCbutcher said:

Definitely can get silly building a traxxas the way you can, most isn't needed but it's there on offer so why not.  In a year I've put 830 into my rally and haven't finished yet.  

I think you answered your own question there fella....£830 on a TRAXXAS rally! :lol::lol: