• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Competition Touring Car options?

Ben_r1

Hello all I'm new here and will introduce myself properly in good time however right now I could do with some RC wisdom!

I'm getting back into the sport after a 2 year gap ( had a baby ) and my preferred class is 1/10 TC which I compete in at my local tracks.

Previously I had an Associated TC6.2 and loved it, to be honest I wasn't good enough to use it to its full ability.

After speaking to a few drivers at my local track it seems everyone is now raving about the Xray T4. Now i just can't seem to make my mind up over these two.

To make matters more complicated I'm also a schumacher fan and have been looking at the M15Evo too?

Can anyone offer advice of these kits and any reviews or experiences? What are parts supply like for the Xray and AE in the UK? 

Welcome back to the hobby :-D I can't help you with your choice of cars as I have neither I'm afraid, this tc section can be a bit slow sometimes, you may get some helpful replys in the general section of the forum. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hobao h4e, as good as any other car for more than half the price!

http://www.tjdmodels.com/hobao-h4e-110th-scale-pro-electric-4wd-touring-car-kit-p-5501.html

In all seriousness though the xray seems most popular and parts support it fatastic. 

I run hobao and it's excellent, won't be changing it until parts are no longer available 

Mi5 evo is a great car and parts support from Schumacher is brilliant 

Edited by hipwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive run a mi5evo for around 12 months nice easy car to maintain its all very open pretty strong never really broke apart from kingpins, changed brand to a 2016 T4 recently was 50/50 on the xray when I bought the mi5evo, very nice car to drive very stable, after only 4 trips out with the T4 I'm already happier and have bettered my results in the evo already 8-). 

If you buy an evo drop me a line I have a draw full of new unused spares for sale ;-) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 1/9/2016 at 1:11 AM, misterj said:

Ive run a mi5evo for around 12 months nice easy car to maintain its all very open pretty strong never really broke apart from kingpins, changed brand to a 2016 T4 recently was 50/50 on the xray when I bought the mi5evo, very nice car to drive very stable, after only 4 trips out with the T4 I'm already happier and have bettered my results in the evo already 8-). 

If you buy an evo drop me a line I have a draw full of new unused spares for sale ;-) 

would the spares be useful for a standard Mi5??

Edited by Cookie1892