• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10 F1 Racing - Is it making a come back?

justingt5

I seem to be seeing a lot of new F1 cars being released lately, is it starting to make a comeback? I am a short course off road racer but my local club is no longer running a heat for the trucks so I am looking at other options, I dont car much for the 10th buggies, I like RC cars to resembles things in real life.

Any clubs in or around the Northants or surrounding areas run F1 cars??

I think Silverstone runs F1 cars around it once a year! ;)

I've been a member at silverstone for 2yrs and never seen one there, they'd have a job getting over the jumps.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They've never been that popular because in common with most pan-type cars they are quite tricky to drive and require precise setup. As you said they can run on touring car tracks (well the smoother ones anyway) but few would choose one over a TC.

Makes sense, just thought I'd ask as it seems like loads of new models have been released recently.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

i love the new releases but most lack any type of shell.

• 1 month later...

F1 is making a big comeback up at our club in Sheffield.  

Had a full heat of them the last few months and now the drivers are learning how to set them up on our tc carpet track they are actually pretty good to watch 

Where is this track in Sheffield? Have been here at uni for a while and have never heard of any clubs!

I am ready to push the button on an F1 . I race SCT 4x4 but irregular races mean i need a new fix . F1 would be ideal .i am in Leeds and a low cost???? fixed tyre series appeals  to me . Low wear on the cars = low part spend and set up is key ? i think all circuit and on road should run an F1 class - lets make it happen ???

Where is this track in Sheffield? Have been here at uni for a while and have never heard of any clubs!

theres loads up here!

Every other Friday night you've got Sheffield and district model car club. We race most classes apart from buggy. Based at concord sports centre

Then every other Sunday you got have south Yorkshire raceway at the same venue,  alternate Sundays to the Friday club. 

Then on alternate Sundays to the other Sunday club you have got swifts raceway, based at Rotherham,  Killamarsh.  I've never been but it is apparently a good club.