• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Starting out in electric rc need help

gumbo

Hi all,I want to get a brushless setup for indoor carpet racing.I have been to watch a couple of times and not sure what to get its between a Schumacher gt12 or a touring car,could anyone help with pros and cons with these cars.I am used to nitro buggies so I am a complete newbie to this any help much appreciated thanks in advance.

Good idea is to join the club and talk to the members, they'll tell you what's best to run there and what will be competitive. They might even have an old racer they're wiling to part with.

I myself was like you a few years ago now when i began drifting at the local club. If you go gt12 get a core rc combo, ive been looking at a gt12 car for quite a while now and a few people use them and they seem very competitive and a great starting point. If you go 1/10 tc and you need a brushless system get a speed passion one based on regulations. I run a 10.5t combo in my drift car and is by far the smoothest motor ive ever found and one of the onlh combos that come with a useable length of sensor wire lol. Best thing todoy is to speak to someone.who knows their stuff and can help find the best thing for you, but make sure its a practice session as racers tend to be a bit stressed on race days.

• Like 1