• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

100 mph 1/10 touring car

Nitro_monkey

For any serious speed attempt....consider the other issues as well

1) Controlling a lightweight vehicle at high speed

2) Aerodynamics. At serious speed....critical

3) VERY SMOOTH track to run on. With enough room of course. Hit a small stone at 100mph and your car is scrap

The hpi sprint 2 sport looks like a good start to hit high speed with something cheap and 1/10

I don't know how true it is but a youtube video says his can hit 100 with just gearing and motor changes. But he didn't actually run it lol. So it's unlikely but it is a fast rtr so could mayb get uncontrollable speed.

In theory 100mph from a TC platform is totally possible, but as others have tried have found its a lot harder in practice. It's really hard to control a car at those speeds, get the aerodynamics wrong and it takes off and crashing either way destroys the everything. Even if you somehow don't crash the power kills belts, tyres and even motors in no time.

The Traxxas XO1 is purpose designed to go 100mph but even with that few owners achieve it.

Why does it have to go 100mph anyway?

• Like 1

i ran exact set up mentioned in my tc4 on 2s an gets very warm, esc only caters upto 4s- motor needs gearing to moon so not to over rev on high voltage 3s+

100mph isn't that hard to achieve with the right setup I say this because most tc in the modified class can hit about 80mph on a long enough straight hell I've seen simple tamiyas hit high speeds with just hobbywing esc's running just 3s