• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

sooo..finally got round to taking me tank off to see y its been stinking of petrol for the last 3 months..:whistling:...and yes i have a tiny bit of seepige 

20180119_112537

and i thk its seen better days by look of it .....its coming from behind this press welded bit so i cant even bodg..i mean fix it...:banghead:........

20180119_112549

thought I'd chk me  filter while im at it....:doh:

20180119_114224

how the hell did that happen.:o...its a piper cross

20180119_114234

no clue how long its been like that ..:rolleyes:.so i cut off a bit of me washer sponge

20180119_115352

to cover the hole

20180119_115605

job done

20180119_115611

2nd hand low mileage tank 80 odd quid on ebay del.......black....so that will have to do i thk....:yes:

Edited by evssv

:lol: nice fix.  My KTM 950 ADV S is due for MOT next week.  Last time I used it was for last years MOT lol.  I'm playing around with the idea of selling both bikes and getting either a 2010 ish fireblade or a 2009/2010 R1.  But what's holding me back is that fact, I love my mint zx6r 03, especially with my hp corse exhaust it sounds mean (I am told its to loud but gtfo).  On the other hand I''ve always wanted a 1000cc bike so hmm.... decisions decisions.  Plus yes still not fitted the pc3 and quickshifter on the zx6r yet....... Reason why is because I will have to pay around 600 notes to get it tuned right on the dyno just don't have that spare cash atmo.

Edited by cyronn
  • Like 1

600.:o...that seems way to much to set up a pc.....:yes:.......the ones I`ve had mapped....never cost no were near that......my dl...gsxr...sv....done twice now......:rolleyes:.......and 1000cc bikes......u need to experience one imo......:good:.....I did around 50miles after I fixed the filter and it ran no different far as I could tell....:D

Edited by evssv

Clutch slave failed on my Caponord on its last outing a couple of months back so this came in the post today to replace the notoriously problematic stock one...

medium.29050320-B924-43B7-86DC-A3B7401DF 

Looking forward to getting it back up and running.

• Like 1

Garages are stirring with activity and it's nowhere near spring yet. Today I started the scoot's engine for the first time in about 6 weeks. I checked the tyres and lights, decided it was peeing down far too much and locked it up again :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NITO said:

Clutch slave failed on my Caponord on its last outing a couple of months back so this came in the post today to replace the notoriously problematic stock one...

medium.29050320-B924-43B7-86DC-A3B7401DF 

Looking forward to getting it back up and running.

quality kit oberon....:good:.....got a few bits on me bikes......res caps mainly....:yes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NITO said:

Their brake levers look really tasty but they’re not cheap, wouldn’t even do anything off at the bike show!!

yeah......I got pazzo`s and crg`s on my bikes......:good:.......bikes shows were the place to get proper bargains.:insane:..but no more....:no_prv:...there all too greedy now....:mf_tongue:

:good:...well I've covered over 60,000+  miles on mine....:yes:..22 years old now and still goes like 'it off a shovle...:119:......still seein 220+ miles from 1x tank riden sensibly.:yes:....or ..130 not sensibly:whistling:.....;)..and u can get a good un for less then 2g's aswell....or pay a bit more for a low milage one.....:D

Edited by evssv

On 02/12/2017 at 16:55, evssv said:

well done u...:good:..yeah it...well most bikes handle like a boat with soft tyres....very heavy steering..:yes:.i know if my tyres r soft as soon as i ride off the drive....that 1" drop i can tell if they need air.....my mate who owns this stunning 98 R1....for the last almost 9 years  didnt even know what pressure he should  have in his tyres after 6 years of ownership ...:doh:....i said "what pressure do u run?.."..he said "dun know.."...:rolleyes:.....it was for  sale.....I'd love it :wub:but cant justify another bike sitting there most of the year  unused like the sv...:rolleyes:..thats y i sold the gixer i had.....

20130526_105741_zps3a78ec3d

20130526_105635_zps43afa63420130526_105504_zps68acdd9420130526_105520_zpsb4845c85

even though  this pic is from 08 it still looks the same

cybers030

my boy looks like he's trying to get  tank protector off....:lol:......

*dribble* R1.

22 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

*dribble* R1.

yeah nice in it:yes:.....I've been on it a few times....its immaculate.....:yes:.....could b urs 3500.....full ohlines suspension....2500 quids worth alone...:o..... new gear box in it...only done 100 odd miles since being fitted....new clutch......chain ect......it rides like its on rails.....theres 3500 quids worth of bits on it  u could steip off and sale on if u had the stock parts tp bak on.....which he doesn't:doh:

Edited by evssv

27 minutes ago, evssv said:

yeah nice in it:yes:.....I've been on it a few times....its immaculate.....:yes:.....could b urs 3500.....full ohlines suspension....2500 quids worth alone...:o..... new gear box in it...only done 100 odd miles since being fitted....new clutch......chain ect......it rides like its on rails.....theres 3500 quids worth of bits on it  u could steip off and sale on if u had the stock parts tp bak on.....which he doesn't:doh:

Does he still have all the stock parts for it?

21 minutes ago, MissT said:

What on earth did he do to the gearbox that it needed replacing? :whistling:

only needed 1st -2nd replacing but he did them all as it was apart:yes:...not even 20000 miles on ithe bike i thk....harris billet top/bottom yokes.....ohlines steering damper with harris mount.....full yoshi 4-1 system.....gilles rear sets/chain adjusters/lifters....crg levers....alcantara seat....fresh powered coated rims not 50 miles ago.....he paid  6500 for it about 14 yearsgo. ...jus before/after i got my sv....

Edited by evssv

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Ahh 3500 is a bit steep then.

not really imo.......early carbbed immaculate r1.....with very very nice upgrades worth every penny:yes:..u won't find another like that im sure....im assuming hes still.got it anyways....:yes:

Edited by evssv