• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what sealant should I use ?

B4D TEMP3R 303

I use a RTV silicone sealant (VAG)....I have used it on exhaust manifolds and it is fine but strictly speaking it should not be appropriate.

I've read into this and alot of people argue about silicone all the time. Really heated arguments for that matter.

I use a playing card on my exhaust manifold as my LHS has rubbish stock for gaskets. Brown paper has been reccommended by the owner aswell and he has years of experience with planes.

I've read into this and alot of people argue about silicone all the time. Really heated arguments for that matter.

It is the internet.....speaking specifically about RC then there are arguments about many things...Electric/nitro...how to run in an engine...changing fuel/nitro content.....tyres...engines...oils...WD40...superchargers (always good that one)...truggy/buggy....etc...the list is endless.

Regarding automotive silicone sealant, I can say I have used it for around 10 years on RC engines/diffs without problems and will continue to use it. :)

Edited by Anthoop