• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's your transmitter of choice?

RCbob

Is there generally much difference between the likes of Spektrum, FlySky, Futaba et al at a particular price point?

Contemplating ditching my "sticks" setup when I get the LC Buggy and going to across to newer "wheel" controller.

Been using an old spekky dx3.0 for years without issue, literally used it till the buttons stopped working . Bang a decent 3S lipo in it and it will go months without needing a charge. Proper no bells & whistles but does what it says on the tin. Got a dx4s now and although it looks better, 3/4 of the features I'll never use.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

DX6i Sticks 

reason, its 10 model memory. dual power output setting (legal or illegal )

ability to clean up deadzone - expo-throw -subtrim- digital trim etc etc

not given the fact its a full range handset and has a shed load of buttons -switches that can be programed.

mixing on all channels and switches if needed. 

ability to mix a single on-off switch to become an off - on -on three way switch by mix mapping a second switch into the

first. oh and my throttle hold and throttle cut. 

i can set my control to 100% full throttle 24/7 and use the throttle channel to control something else say some trim tabs on a rc boat.

or a cement mixer bowl on the back of a truck to rotate and the same stick to control the throttle of the motor.

i have grown up with sticks so to me they feel more natural than wheels