• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hobbyking rally car

RCbutcher

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all 

Been a long time since I visited the forum,   Bought one of these for Xmas.... Rear Belt broken on Boxing day...It was not stones that broke it but really poor setup - the edge of the diff was rubbing against one of ball cups of a turnbuckle.

Since replacing it has run well on all surfaces - there is enough open space around belt to avoid gravel catching in the gears (i HOPE).

on 2s it is very quick - on 3s it is stupidly so, needs a very light finger.

I will say that hobbyking were very good in getting the replacement parts out to me - had them in first week of January.

• Like 1

If you're on about the BSR rally car, i recommend it highly. Shell is fragile but the car is tough! On road and off road, I've had no problems. It's even water resistant. ;)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I got one of these after destroying a TT01 which I converted to long shock rally spec, its been great we race them on astro tracks and it jumps really well, amazing onroad but could benefit from the sway bar kit. This car is essentially a copy of the Xray TC2/3 range of on road TC. The belt is very vulnerable and depending the shell and how you drive gravel can and will get stuck under the rear drive pulley and destroy the belt (as it did to me last time I ran it, quite good fun as FWD too though lol), the answer was to replace the broken belt with the xray part which is much better quality, so far no problems.

The motor is good but the ESC is rubbish, just not enough power to supply the motor properly, I swapped it for a spare 120amp esc and its like a different car now! upgraded the servo for quicker steering response which you need for this type of tail happy car especially on loose surfaces.

I drive my cars pretty hard and its only been high speed crashes where I have broken anything, I have replaced x1 front wishbone, x1 rear hub and to be fair to it, they would have broken in those impacts on any model in the market so I cant really mark it down for that.

I did start to make an overtray for it but not got around to finishing it off yet, I made waterproof boxes for the ESC and receiver and its endured some awful weather racing at A1. The front spool diff works wonders on wet astro :)

eYUKzCTMrf0xll8jAMrVxjsf_cHTeRkuZOZ2ehQU

ZWBVr6xxsNEMjtpJCQtNVN5RG9O5uOySHE90npst