• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial Yeti build

That's something I'm still wondering... I'm going to be hopefully placing an order with RPP soon, although the bluntness of the owner, I may not actually bother... But either way, that's the only place I found that sells panels and I actually quite like the panel look as well, so may very well do that.

Well I would but for like 30 dollars I might as well just chuck them onto the order lol.

The site looks good, but both times I've spoken to their customer service, they've been very off.

Only asking about stock times for the VP titanium links :lol: too bad nowhere else has the same stock really.

Aye, RPP do have the most comprehensive range of stock out of all the US online RC shops. 

Don't let what sounds like an anomalous email or two put you off mate.  They were really good with me when I had a dodgy part - maybe whomever it is you spoke to trod in turd that morning and was having a bad day of it :P

• Like 1

I'm a big believer in the benefit of the doubt so it's not actually likely to put me off ordering if it came to actually pulling the trigger.... I like the look of panels more than a shell but I'm not overly keen on the silver, so wondering if to carbon wrap them if I do go for it.

Well it's finished, for the most part, still got to build the cage but given it a little maiden in the garden... WOW, holy steering slop Batman lol! It's taking the pee a bit I think.

It all seems to be coming from the servo saver, so I think I'll invest in the GPM steering assembly sometime in the near future, unless someone else has a better/faster fix, I'm just assuming that would fix it, but if not, I'm all ears/eyes, very welcome to suggestions.

Another thing to note, it definitely needs some firmer springs.

I went with 30wt oil all round with 2 hole pistons and it's still very very soft on full preload.

IMG_5064_zpsuaokwyg4.jpg

IMG_5065_zpsahajmtjg.jpg

IMG_5066_zpsocmq79ib.jpg

IMG_5067_zpsezroxr70.jpg

IMG_5068_zpsunan0my9.jpg

Well it's finished, for the most part, still got to build the cage but given it a little maiden in the garden... WOW, holy steering slop Batman lol! It's taking the pee a bit I think.

It all seems to be coming from the servo saver, so I think I'll invest in the GPM steering assembly sometime in the near future, unless someone else has a better/faster fix, I'm just assuming that would fix it, but if not, I'm all ears/eyes, very welcome to suggestions.

Another thing to note, it definitely needs some firmer springs.

I went with 30wt oil all round with 2 hole pistons and it's still very very soft on full preload.

IMG_5064_zpsuaokwyg4.jpg

IMG_5065_zpsahajmtjg.jpg

IMG_5066_zpsocmq79ib.jpg

IMG_5067_zpsezroxr70.jpg

IMG_5068_zpsunan0my9.jpg

I'm trying out the gpm shock units from asiatees, pleased so far with the very limited run time but as and when I get chance to give them a proper seeing to I'll post the results in the yeti owners thred.

Also asiatees have just restocked the green medium springs for the yeti I've got a set on it's way incase the gpm units don't work out!

Edited by shaunm

We're at exactly the same point in the build- been doing some limited shake down runs in the garden and yes there's a fair bit to wobble at the front! One of my wheels seems to be unbalanced too, which isn't exactly helping matters..! I need to rebuild the wheel in question, as I think the foam is to blame?

Have you noticed your CVD's clicking at all?

It isn't going to be clean for long so makes zero difference.

And where did you get stiffer springs from Mark? I've not managed to find any in stock.

Linky would be most appreciated :D

Main places were LiquidRC and RCMart.  LRC for the win of course, here are the green ones i run on the rear:

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=54137

And the search

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=axial+90mm+spring

So for $1 shipping, it's clearly the place to order from.

Aye, LRC is an excellent place to get stuff from, it's just that their stock variety is somewhat limited. If they had a wider range of goodies I'd go there as my default. They're also a bit naughty and mark down the shipment values :D

Yeah plus something else I find annoying is when you click for highest price stuff first, it doesn't actually change the list lol... I typically do that to weed out things like body clips and screws and stuff, much easier to find stuff, but not when it doesn't work lol.

I've decided I'm going to paint the shell and decorate it as best I can for the moment... Then I'm probably going to go for panels.