• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial wraith spawn kit build

daymo

Cool, I couldn't help myself and ordered parts for mine already, CI foams & CI stand :hahadance:

nice i still need to try foams I'm looking at some tyres form rc Bitz at the minute & they come with foams

From what I've read, the stock tyres are meant be ok and the CI foams will improve them.

No matter which tyres you end up getting, CI foams will be a worthy upgrade :yes:

Yeah I just hate the wait from the states which ones did you get??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered them RC Mart so not too long a wait, will let you know when they arrive :thumbsup: The CI stand is good for your tyres too, saves them flat spotting when not in use.

I went for Double Deuce Comp Cut 5.5 with Medium outer. I was tempted to go for the soft outer but they're more for light rigs, I'm planning on adding a winch, lights, axle weights and a few accessories so medium will be a safe bet.

I ordered them RC Mart so not too long a wait, will let you know when they arrive :thumbsup: The CI stand is good for your tyres too, saves them flat spotting when not in use.

I went for Double Deuce Comp Cut 5.5 with Medium outer. I was tempted to go for the soft outer but they're more for light rigs, I'm planning on adding a winch, lights, axle weights and a few accessories so medium will be a safe bet.

I might go for it are these the ones http://www.rcmart.com/55inch-comp-inner-medium-outer-p-60820.html?cPath=35_1360 ??

My new rubber arrived today they look sick can't wait to try, fitted 2 tonight will do others tomorrow night

b49764659397d3f05d778342e7d34890.jpg

8cc3bb67b84ea0bab19ec9942add3ada.jpg

Very nice, have you used the foams which came with the tyres?

Yeah for now I will order some CI ones after holiday as I'm sure they won't turn up in time

is the sidewall of those tyres soft as i had a set of 1.9`s and they were abit soft on the sidewall and easily ripped as i found out on one of them

They do seem soft hope they don't rip

Yeah for now I will order some CI ones after holiday as I'm sure they won't turn up in time

They do seem soft hope they don't rip

it was the inside i ripped but iam guessing the new foams you got should help out as there abit thicker and better. i was only running stock foams at the time but there easily fixed if they do rip abit of innertube and flexible glue doen the job 

it was the inside i ripped but iam guessing the new foams you got should help out as there abit thicker and better. i was only running stock foams at the time but there easily fixed if they do rip abit of innertube and flexible glue doen the job

Not got new ones yet will be ordering next month, just going to use the ones that came with them for now

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of an update on my wraith decided to do the fast back nod as was not liking the way it looked any more & also decided I would paint the body & fit it what do you guys think?

84bf4167a09bf3931fd4e2b26dc5ede7.jpg

fe699d64f4baf2d52768c12723f1571c.jpg

d6bc1e7d67471f0ae236a8b8714ed56f.jpg

47189f2be751e460110ad0d6c72ce991.jpg

Here is a quick vid of me playing yesterday

Just now, .AJ. said:

Don't buy the one piece outdrive, they are really weak, just buy the gear and use the stock outdrives 

Ok thanks for the advise AJ

I need to upgrade the suspension links as there is a load of play in the balls joints & the plastic ones flex to much for my liking any recommendations?