• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial wraith spawn kit build

daymo

If you take a look at AJ's awesome build you'll see how he is mounted the battery up front beside the dash.

Is that the king of hammers build?

A little progress tonight waiting for battery & cable to arrive, I picked up a box & gromets to fit the esc & rx in got it mounted with some holes drilled still need to add 1 in the side for servo wire & fit the switch to the lid, I have also treated the rx to a few coats of plastidip will do the esc once I've wired it & know it works

70c59504fd60257796c608a53d596cdf.jpg

9606a71d779c318eb3bb8b63736a9a83.jpg

Also I cut down the battery tray & fitted it up front

1a7557d53aeb5a7d34feb1727d46b753.jpg

fcfe0aa5e5b711136758dce44cd525ed.jpg

When I come to wire it up do I need to install the capacitor supplied with the esc?

That electronics box looks good, think I'll do something similar.

Regarding the cap, I would assume it needs to fitted if it was supplied with the esc. Does the manual mention it?

Cheers mate I may run the rx in the original box up front so I can put a light controls & winch bits in the back when I can

The capacitor must be used as it can cause damage if you don't!

Well my body arrived today & some battery's & cable so it was time to get it finished, got it all wired up & running need to change a few things & finish bits off but I had to take it for a run

52efe869853c889ada5588eac0f33f1b.jpg

63c91a36568f3b0322c6e43c9cd33c82.jpg

8f58483ddada1d5451bfe67b9f9fd4f4.jpg

34655dbd670be50b9eca4dbbee8f2843.jpg

6167d4c84f2bc33ab99d85dfd60102bd.jpg

9a1664571afea4d846e33d9d460dec6e.jpg

f3f79df1e4b1bf07cf3e636036b6e9d9.jpg

51ce9ee490c3be4ed353d35f346bfdd5.jpg

In the last picture is the shock & lower link axel mount have I got this the wrong way round? In the instructions when you put them on the axel it's the other way up but then further in its the way I have them

That's good to know about the lower shock link for when I build mine :thumbsup:

Are you going to be painting/using the standard body too?

Yeah I will be just wanted to take my time with that so it looks good so decided to get the panel kit for now plus I can use that when it's gonna get more of a beating

Cool, I was tempted to get a panel kit too and get it hydro dipped but not too sure. I like the look of the stock body so will probably just run that.

Have you had it out again? Do you like the Tekin combo? I've put one on my Christmas list :thumbsup: Undecided between the 30t or 35t.

Cool, I was tempted to get a panel kit too and get it hydro dipped but not too sure. I like the look of the stock body so will probably just run that.

Have you had it out again? Do you like the Tekin combo? I've put one on my Christmas list :thumbsup: Undecided between the 30t or 35t.

Only had it out the once for about 20mins need to find somewhere good as the place I use to go before has been changed, it seems pretty good so far made a few tweaks to the esc drag brake setting & lipo cut off need to play with throttle setting as it's very sensitive not sure how to do that though

I might go out for another play tonight if I don't go out for a bike ride, the motor is very smooth not fast but it's a good walking pace

Some cool photos there and good to see a few running videos too :yes:

It looks like you've moved you battery to the rear?

Cheers mate

The battery is up front under the bonnet, in the rear is my electrics box with the esc in it

6ab501b02d5e1d0056d91dd4c71deb29.jpg

9dac5a8139bd945e390386a55f579e74.jpg

Ah ok, it must just be the angle of the previous photos, the bonnet looked slightly raised at rear and in the photos yesterday, the bonnet looks more level/flush.

An eye for detail sir I'm a bit short on body screws need to get some ordered, in the first pic I used 2 in opposite corners then yesterday I used 2 in the holes closer to the front window

• Like 1

haha yeah can't help myself, it's looking awesome none the less and looks like your having fun with it :yes: I'm still jealous, itching to get my one but just have to be patient.

Cheers dude I need to look for somewhere to get that patient stuff from lol