• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

leaving the hobby or staying

turok007

well after about 30+ years i have had it with RC cars.  or i think i have had it  lol   i have sold around 30 to 40 cars in the last 2 years.  but i have still been buying some here and there. as i cannot resist them.  so i have between 10 & 15 at the moment.  but im just not feeling the love anymore also the lack of places to run them is adding to the lack of interest. a few flat fields and a skate park with all metal ramps=alot of damage also it is always packed.  over the last few weeks i have really been deciding either to sell or keep everything. well today i said enough is enough  so i got in touch with a mate and started making some deals.  well i just went into the garden with the slash 4x4 running the tekin RX8 combo  and im having second thoughts  lol

Get into (or back into) racing. You'll get all you are missing, somewhere to run your cars (at the club/track), competition to keep your interest up and great camaraderie. You'll probably learn a thing or two as well in spite of your vast experience. I must be the worst driver at our club at the moment but I'm a hell of a lot better than when I started about 7 months ago.

it's just the cars are sitting doing nothing   some not touched for over a year   i will be keeping the wraith as the garden is ok for that.

Get into (or back into) racing. You'll get all you are missing, somewhere to run your cars (at the club/track), competition to keep your interest up and great camaraderie. You'll probably learn a thing or two as well in spite of your vast experience. I must be the worst driver at our club at the moment but I'm a hell of a lot better than when I started about 7 months ago.

i raced years ago  but left it because of the back stabbing.  lol   also i don't have the time really to race at the moment or any place that is close.

i really wouldnt leave mate as i know you will regret it

i left the hobby once before i sold everything.  if i don't sell it this time i will pack it all up into boxes so it is out of the way.  so i don't have the see everything all the time.

I had a similar thing happen the start of the year I sold up all my rcs bar 1 then bought the hyper MTe sport and to be honest it's the best thing I have done in a long while in rcs .. It freed up some cash and I didn't have a pile of expensive toys sitting on shelf just gathering dust .

It's great to have a few rcs to go bash with friends and family but it's not so great picking up the repair bills .. End of the day you can only bash one truck at a time.. I sold some on and gave some to friends and family now they pick up the repair bills which keeps my wallet a little more full ;)

Pick your top 4 sell the rest but keep chargers etc and gave a week away or something with the funds you make

I/we did have 19 rc's. ..now 15....but i only really use 4 regularly and me boy uses 1...soon to b 2 when he gets his savvy flux on Friday....We have times when we don't go out an she moans 'what a waste not money it jus sitting there. .bla bla bla. ..."...but then sumtimes we go out every wk end sum times.....I don't thk i'd ever totally sell up tbh....i'd regret it for sure. ..

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Have you considered different parts of the hobby - Maybe look at flying,tanks or scaling/crawling? It's something to consider and it'll give you a change :)

i still have one plane but had to sell the rest as the club shut. i have 1 tank but not really got into it yet. i will be keeping the wraith as i can use that in the garden.but i have had RC bikes and boats over the years also  so i don't really know what to do next in the RC world if anything.

i still have one plane but had to sell the rest as the club shut. i have 1 tank but not really got into it yet. i will be keeping the wraith as i can use that in the garden.but i have had RC bikes and boats over the years also  so i don't really know what to do next in the RC world if anything.

250 Quad racer? FPV? Gliding? Slope Soaring? RC Surfer? 

had gliders   i tried slope soaring but the only place near to me has alot of dog walkers so a bit iffy lol.  as for the surfer i was close to getting one a while ago  but after watching the videos i decided against it. and have you seen what people want for them now days :shockingscary:    i have owned a few quads  still own a 350 size one with FPV fitted but not really impressed.   im close to getting the immersion VORTEX just to see if quad racing is something i will like.

• Like 1

Sell the less used models, store the rest in the loft/garage/shed and just take a little break from it all.

It gets dull going to the same old places and you might just need a couple of months without thinking about it :)

• Like 1