• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

start issues

carnageUK

Bit of help,please guys , engine won't start , it a new g320 promx and it won't fire up , done what I think is the basics ie fuel in tank , got fuel,to the carb as I pulled return fuel line off carb and it ****es out , changed spark plug with three new plugs , but not getting a spark , ( not sure how to do that bit ) do I need to hold it against some metal part , ? Just a note that the engine has been running and done three tanks and I've not changed anythink ,, any ideas plz ,

I have got a spark but not a very big spark , thought it would be a better spark with a new plug , also kill switch seams to be ok as far as the LED goes to,kill mode when activated

Make sure you have the fuel lines the right way round. It's easy to put them on the wrong way round. The inlet ( has the filter in the tank ) goes to the bottom. Return is the top pipe.

Check the coil gap on the flywheel. Should be a gap about as thick as a business card.

Is the primer bubble filling with fuel? Has your fuel tank breather got blocked?

Make sure you have the fuel lines the right way round. It's easy to put them on the wrong way round. The inlet ( has the filter in the tank ) goes to the bottom. Return is the top pipe.

Check the coil gap on the flywheel. Should be a gap about as thick as a business card.

Is the primer bubble filling with fuel? Has your fuel tank breather got blocked?

All of above checks out ok ,, like I said the car ran fine for three tanks , but next time I took it out the problem started , wondered if it could be a coil,issue as the spark is very small

It is possible for a coil to fail. Only way to be sure on that one involves swapping the coil for another and trying.

You do have a spark, but if it's too weak, it may not light the fires. I'd try starting it with the kill switch removed and just the push button kill in. That would rule out a problem with the kill switch.