• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

firestorm clutch

firestorm01

Now, I know one of you lot will be able to answer my question!! The clutch shoes are knackered on my firestorm but I don't want to just replace with the standard shoes. Can anyone recommend a better replacement, if I have to replace the flywheel as well then so be it??!! There so many different ones on the market but I don't know which are good and which are to be avoided.

Any recommendations will be gratefully received!!

As much as people like to hate on integy parts i bough this clutch http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTEGY-PURPLE-HPI-SAVAGE-XL-X4-6-HD-3PCS-ALLOY-CLUTCH-CONVERSION-/251913496062?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa736e5fe for my savage about 5 years ago and it's been installed on about 6 different cars and performed flawlessly on all, getting near the end of it's life now but i'm still giving it hell. 

As much as people like to hate on integy parts i bough this clutch http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTEGY-PURPLE-HPI-SAVAGE-XL-X4-6-HD-3PCS-ALLOY-CLUTCH-CONVERSION-/251913496062?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa736e5fe for my savage about 5 years ago and it's been installed on about 6 different cars and performed flawlessly on all, getting near the end of it's life now but i'm still giving it hell.

Will this be ok for a firestorm??? If so and being alloy shoe then they must last a very long time??

Apparantly, you can fit a big block flywheel and 3 shoe assembly on a Firestorm. Never done it myself...but have read elsewhere it works.

I have also seen people fitting 2 out of 3 shoes from a 3 shoe set on a Firestorm flywheel. The benefit is you lose the stock shoes with the wraparound spring that fails

I had a look on ebay just now and found a direct replacement flywheel and shoes from Integy for the firestorm. Flywheel is blue in colour!!!

Nitroholic, I know what you mean about the wrap around spring, have had so many break!!

Even found there an alloy gearbox casing too so might even give the firestorm a little bit of bling!

At last new clutch fitted!!! Been out bashing it since early this morning and had a right laugh!! Now all I want to do is change exhaust muffler as the standard one keeps leaking when the dam screws keep coming loose. Is there a one piece unit that will be good on a firestorm???

That's a common Firestorm issue. The most cost effective fix is to use thread lock on the manifold screws. I've not seen many people replace the entire pipe.

The manifold isn't the issue as I've put new gasket and thread locked the screws already, I'm actually talking about the standard muffler which is in two pieces and held together with three screws. Its at this joining point that keeps leaking no matter how much u tighten the dam screws, hence why I'm wondering if there is a one piece muffler I can replace the standard muffler with???