• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is this a good deal?

viper2789

Hello Guys!

I'm starting another topic again lol!

Been offered this and I'm hoping its a good deal, I've got a choice of 2 so help me choose please :)

1st Offer:

11716085_10205629704235133_1614744620_n.

11655464_10205629703675119_1579581044_n.

11655560_10205629704435138_1842012788_n.

11716011_10205629703955126_1682349058_n.

It's a Losi 8ight upgraded to brushless with:

"Hobbywing 150 amp esc and team orion vortex motor it's a losi 8ight and it's got spektrum radio with it dx3 I think proline bulldog shell"

All for

I already have a couple of lipos, charger and a new servo, I'll try and get him down.

The motor is 130 new on the second one.

can never have to many lipos.20150222_172854_zps4fwhybg1.jpg

.servos ect....will eventually come in handy trust me!!

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Can't really comment on value, both seem a tadge high, spares dependent on the second.  

I can say that I've not been two impressed with the Orion Motor's I've used and come across - they run well, but boy do they get hot.  Ran mine on the track today, geared pretty conservatively and it was still borderline when the time came to swap packs.  Sensored one's are even worse.

What are the advantages of the nor over the losi?

hong nor has standard nuts btw ect

.....as the losi has imperial hardwear which can b pita!!!..Hong nor is brand new so no issues...and there's nothing like a brand new rc....

Edited by evssv

He didn't offer it to me, you bought it off ebay and then you didn't have the money for it and then only wanted a rolling chassis.

I offered to buy it all and give you a refund because I can imagine it would be a pain to strip it.

I did go round to his house and talk to him face to face.

Sorry if that has offended you in any way, unintentional from all parties!

FYI, I've seen the car and held and its damn nice! My eyes nearly popped out my head.

I do love the look of the second one.

The only reason I've got into RC is because I'm no longer allowed to play sports :(

So I will end up racing at some point :)

With the nor stand up to racing?

He didn't offer it to me, you bought it off ebay and then you didn't have the money for it and then only wanted a rolling chassis.

I offered to buy it all and give you a refund because I can imagine it would be a pain to strip it.

I did go round to his house and talk to him face to face.

Sorry if that has offended you in any way, unintentional from all parties!

FYI, I've seen the car and held and its damn nice! My eyes nearly popped out my head.

I do love the look of the second one.

The only reason I've got into RC is because I'm no longer allowed to play sports :(

So I will end up racing at some point :)

With the nor stand up to racing?

yep...its a solid buggy and has been compared to a hyper7 but better build quality.....

yep...its a solid buggy and has been compared to a hyper7 but better build quality.....

Not sure about better build quality - there very comparable in that respect - but then I don't see where some people say 7's aren't built well.

I've had the X3, never ran it as stripped for some parts (still have quite a bit left too ;) ).  It's well made, and a modern design and thus I'd say a bit more capable track wise that a converted 7.  I've seen a nitro x3 round NDOR and that wasn't too shabby considering it's a budget  car.  My only gripe with it is they opted for a 36mm motor, rather than the 'usual' 1/8 sized 40mm.  I'm told though it runs well and surprisingly cool - the combo out of mine ended up in a 1/8 truggy.

The rtr X3 will stand racing well, though if you crash a lot I'd expect the towers to bend (easily solver by doubling up or replacing with CNC ones) and the chassis braces to snap, same solution.  HN sell a 'Pro' version as a 80% complete roller - so all the upgrades that has you can get over time for the RTR if needed.  It's a complete bargain at

Yeah took across the road to a large car park!

Shredded a tyre quickly!

Randomly it decides to kick into reverse and wont respond (ESC settings?)

During one of these random escapades:

20150712_105827.jpg

What have I snapped? Possibly alumminium new ones?