• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which foam insert?

lunchie

I run on a carpet track and will probably run something like schumacher minipins as tires,  but which inserts to use? what tuning differences are there between running say a hard insert vs a soft insert fot the same tire?

"everyone" is using either minipns or rallyblocks .

its actually for an LC sct micro which runs the 25mm wide wheels. all the guys running superstock and stock touring are using some kind of minipin. i'm guessing slicks dont have the grip?????? we arent allowed to run any sort of traction adders on our tires either

Ah right is that the little 14th scale trucks?

May be completely different with those then as I've never ventured into using them, not much help I know..

On the carpet we use In touring sorex 28s have great grip even if you don't apply additive.

Edited by hipwell

• 4 months later...

I guess it belogs to Micro and Mini - way more info on these LC Racing cars. What seems to be rising in Poland and Czech are some Czech mini pins tires with no inserts at all. They are low profile and provide great grip, and seems to be best alternative to foam tires.