• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Smd starter box

Gwigga

Got my new starter box which is my first one, but is distinctly lacking in instructions, all the clips how are they setup or what should the be used for I've seen pictures of them attached but unsure how they are adjusted to the car

take the engine out and loosen all the pegs then place the car on the starterbox and move the pegs till the hole under the chassis is lined up with the starter wheel.

tighten the pegs and you are good to go mate

• Like 2

Those pegs will be useless after awhile once you get the alignment of the chassis/engine right with the rubber flywheel in your starter. I've got an smd box and to get the alignment right on the first attempt of bump start I look through the engine flywheel gap on the chassis to the point where it meets the rubber flywheel. This technique of mines never fails and I always get it spot-on first attempt.  :yes:

I've recently sold my Losi buggy so no more bump starts for me. I instead do pull-starts now on my new petrol engine and its so easy compared to nitro pull starting.  :xd: