• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Feel the pain of my Wraith.......

Gaz!

Hi all,

Going to need to get myself a little reference thread going.

I bought Noj's kit built one with tons of worthy upgrades and still very much over the moon with it but I have a problem, it eats brushed motors for fun.....

So I've checked both axles with a strip and clean, same with gearbox, all still like new with plenty of grease still in.

Biggest change to drivetrain is new rc4wd steel stamped oem wheels 2.2" with pitbull rock beats tyres, these were very wide and squashy so could be too much grip stressing motor, so got some new axial 2.2 rock star bead locks for it, not tested it yet but looks better than it did before, if not I'll be ordering some ci deuce foams or something along them lines.

So, that leaves, propshafts, gear upgrade for gearbox, od and ud the axles and brushless it, then I'm done for a while, got another project I want to start afterwards.

So by all means, please post up your thoughts and links in here, I'll get some pics up as she stands now and if Noj reads this he might pop up a pic of when he built it from new.

Sounds good I loved the one medic had built with the opening bonnet. Are they alot faster than the scx.

What brushless system?

Edited by RCbutcher

I may have a pic tucked away Gaz....

Pleased to hear she is going strong :)

Yeah mate, definitely! Your one of the few people I can buy from knowing it's a good 'un that's a guarantee.

Pic would be great if you can please mate, don't go out your way though, no rush :good:

if your willing to go abroad for the gearbox gears i got a set of axial life time guarentee ones from liquid rc for less than

Sounds good I loved the one medic had built with the opening bonnet. Are they alot faster than the scx.

What brushless system?

Can be made faster or slower, it's a jack of all trades to be told mate, my old ridgecrest could go 80% where a en route berg comp crawler would go and still do donuts and lift a wheel for fun! god I miss that truck....

And that's what I'm wanting to get to again, it took abuse too and still came back for more.....

Brushless system, dunno whichever will have the desired effect, I want the best bits for it whatever brand it happens to be......

Right, small update,

Fitted a Titan 12t 550 motor in there on 17/87 gearing and ran fine, still has the desired wheel speed and for the first two packs through it, success, motor is warm but you can keep hold of it easily.

Also changed the rc4wd rims in favour of some axial rockstar beadlocks, again much more slip than grip when needed and still deform when climbing.

Although just ordered a set of ci deuces to try out next......

Pics will come shortly.....