• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Are there still Associated RC18T enthusiasts?

RC-Christo

Greetings everyone!

(I have moved this discussion thread to here from another post)

I am a new member to this forum. I was recently searching google to find forums which still discusses the RC18T, I have found very few.

I am a huge fan of this car and was curious to see if there are other enthusiasts who still use this model. The RC18T is quite a few years old now but in my opinion is still a killer RC to have whether you are a beginner or advanced RC enthusiast.

I have been running a modified RC18T since they first came out in 2004-2005. In March of this year I decided to build a completely new machine from the ground up. It is my most extensive attempt to date at building my idea of the ultimate RC18T using new components I have fabricated as well as stock and aftermarket parts.

I have a blog called PROJECT RC which discusses this custom build in detail, that I thought may be of interest to other RC18T enthusiasts. It is a work in progress. There are also other articles besides the RC18T build.

Feel free to check it out and leave comments if you wish. :thumbsup:

PROJECT RC Home Page: https://projectrcblog.wordpress.com

RC18T Custom Build: https://projectrcblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/2/

DSC_8708_colourfixcrop_wmProj-RC-2015_65

There are links at the bottom of the RC18T build article page to direct you to the various stages of the build.

Cheers,

RC-Christo

Edited by RC-Christo

Small scale RCs are great fun...provided you have the right places to run them. I've tried a few of the things....but never kept them for that long as you need open dirt areas or very close cropped grass to enjoy them. Otherwise they just end up with onroad tyres and become less effective compared to a tourer.

Your build project looks nice though....

• Like 1

For the ultimate you need to give that castle 25 esc the CM2040 8000kv green can ( its castles original 8000kv motor we first threw into the rc18t with the 6800)

if your able to try and find the rc18t 1/10th wheel hex adaptors, they allowed you to run 1/10th race touring rims and tyres,

better grip , better tracking, less flipovers on turning at speed.

Owned to RC18 micros both trucks, shaft drive , one modded to carry a speed 400 brushed motor on a novak brushes race esc

had rear shock towers fitted to the front and rear shocks fitted up front and a new one off truck body made for me.

second ran the 8000kv mamba kit on 7 cell nihms, 1/10th touring rims fitted with soft carpet tyres. alloy arms

alloy towers , adjustable shocks and alloy pin holder carriers/nuckles. and uprated alloy steering bar

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

Small scale RCs are great fun...provided you have the right places to run them. I've tried a few of the things....but never kept them for that long as you need open dirt areas or very close cropped grass to enjoy them. Otherwise they just end up with onroad tyres and become less effective compared to a tourer.

Your build project looks nice though....

I agree, finding the right places to run them can be tricky. Where I live there are several parks with circuits of the hard packed fine sandy paths for walking which is great for 'clean' off-road. But 80% of the time I run the RC18T with on-roads. True they are less effective than a tourer, but that extra ride height and suspension travel on the RC18T make it a great urban racer.

Thanks for checking out my project and the feedback, much appreciated.  :thumbsup:

For the ultimate you need to give that castle 25 esc the CM2040 8000kv green can ( its castles original 8000kv motor we first threw into the rc18t with the 6800)

if your able to try and find the rc18t 1/10th wheel hex adaptors, they allowed you to run 1/10th race touring rims and tyres,

better grip , better tracking, less flipovers on turning at speed.

Owned to RC18 micros both trucks, shaft drive , one modded to carry a speed 400 brushed motor on a novak brushes race esc

had rear shock towers fitted to the front and rear shocks fitted up front and a new one off truck body made for me.

second ran the 8000kv mamba kit on 7 cell nihms, 1/10th touring rims fitted with soft carpet tyres. alloy arms

alloy towers , adjustable shocks and alloy pin holder carriers/nuckles. and uprated alloy steering bar

I tried to find that CM2040 8000kv green can before I started my custom build but there was no availability. I ended getting the Mamba Micro Pro with 8200kv 4-pole Combo. I have yet to finish the build and see this mill in action. It should perform very well with the 2200mAh 30-40C 2s 7.4v LiPo's I have set aside.

My other RC18T runs a Mamba 25 with a 6800kv Himark which is is ridiculously fast especially with a 2/3s LiPo. I generally run it with a 6-cell 1600mAh NiMh.

Yes I have the 1/10 wheel adaptors which work great. With my new build I intend on using them with Traxxass 1/16 SCT wheels and tires for off-road.  I am also very fond of running my standard size alloy wheels with Pro-Line Road-rages. When the tires are belted and the wheels balanced, they work brilliantly. I just really like the look and proportions of them compared to 1/10 wheels.

Hey Nitroholic,

I noticed in your signature, that you have a Truckzilla Twin Engined XL savage. I have one too! What do you think of it?

I haven't found too many people who have them. Frankly I found it to be a pain in the arse, which is probably why they are rare. I fully upgraded it and ran it with twin OS 30VGs....it was a bit ridiculous. It has since then been decommissioned and rebuilt into a second single engine savage.

G'day fellas,

Just a quick note.. I have just finished publishing a new blog article related to the RC18T build posted on my PROJECT RC website. Cheers  :thumbsup:

https://projectrcblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/09/product-review-rc18t-differential-transmission-components/

_DSC0506_wmProj-RC-2015_650x432_zpsdfgzy

Feel free to check it out.

Edited by RC-Christo

Greetings again.

Another quick update... A new blog article has been uploaded in regards to building an upgraded RC18T ball differential.

https://projectrcblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/how-to-build-an-upgraded-rc18t-ball-differential/

_DSC0213_wmProj-RC-2015_650x432_zpsqqv9d

Feel free to check it out and leave some comments if you wish smile.gif

Cheers. 

Edited by RC-Christo

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, danitxulr said:

Looking for rc18 cars and/or upgrade parts. ..

Anyone wants to sell me one or aluminum parts?

Thanks

I've no parts left (99% sure) but I do have multiple clear bodies - 18T and 18T2, sct and apex from memory.  No pre-printed ones left (80% sure).

c

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2020 at 15:56, collective itch said:

i have one for sale if needed? has the associated alloy front shocks, asosicyated rear alluimium arms, steering drag link upgrade and metal horn, original shell, cvd up front , rpm front bumper and lots of spares

60 posted

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

Still got this kicking about ? 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...