• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Insurance

Ian w

O/K so I know I am getting old and stupid but I am looking at getting third party insurance for when I am using my cars.

I have been to BRCA website but can`t find anything about insurance. If I join BRCA does that mean that you get insurance. Thanks

As I recall, that thread ended questioning my suggestion that BRCA cover was "anytime, anywhere" and not just at BRCA organised events. You are right about there being no obvious reference on their Website, but I have since received this years handbook and, on page 21, it says "Anywhere at any time in UK".

In any event, at

• Like 2

Public Liability, in case you injure someone or something (other than you or your property).

The alternative doesn't bear thinking about; if you seriously injured (or killed) someone - could happen, e.g. an airborne model hitting someone on head - and chances are, without insurance, you're not going to see your house again! I've worked too hard for what I have to risk it all for the sake of

• Like 1

Thanks Guys I have had to apply for permission to use a parish council owned field near me and I think they will be more approachable if I have insurance. As you say for the sake of

Thanks Guys I have had to apply for permission to use a parish council owned field near me and I think they will be more approachable if I have insurance. As you say for the sake of

• Like 1

Funny how there seems to have been a change in attitude; previously, when I have advocated joining BRCA for the insurance, I have been shot down!

Funny how there seems to have been a change in attitude; previously, when I have advocated joining BRCA for the insurance, I have been shot down!

Not by myself Shuds, iirc I got it for the first BHBF I attended, never received confirmation or a membership card though, hence my surprise today when checking the site, lol.

Not by myself Shuds, iirc I got it for the first BHBF I attended, never received confirmation or a membership card though, hence my surprise today when checking the site, lol.

Ha ha, not this time ;)

I queried it with them, no reply received, no card....so assumed it was all not happening, however, I have a membership number?!?

Couldn't request a card when renewing and, tbh, don't want to shell out a fiver for replacing summat I never had. As long as membership exists on their records, how important is a card anyway?

Ha ha, not this time ;)

I queried it with them, no reply received, no card....so assumed it was all not happening, however, I have a membership number?!?

Couldn't request a card when renewing and, tbh, don't want to shell out a fiver for replacing summat I never had. As long as membership exists on their records, how important is a card anyway?

You should get a new card this year anyway, as they are dated. Its just a peel-off thing on the bottom of a letter.

Just received my mebership handbook etc. from BRCA. Gave them a call to make sure I am covered by there insurance, as an individial. The answer was yes BUT as long as you have permission from the land owner to use that land for RC. So anyone using public parks etc. would probably have a problem claiming. So the question arrises again "Is it worth it" I some how think that it is to restictive to make it worth it for a general basher.

Of course if you attend meetings arranged by BRCA then yes it is worth it.