• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Moving up to the next level First time collective pitch heli

So I want to move up to the next level to a collective pitch heli, but not sure what I want or need for my level of skill. I have no idea what makes are good or bad ??

just been looking around on the net and keep coming across this

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/RC-Helicopters/Walkera-Master-CP/p-70-2309/

It seems ok to me??

I have a max budget of

Size wise i went to a 450 walkera v450d03 it is a nice heli although limited servo choice without moddimg the frame but the smaller helis like the cp walkera do a v120 with a 6 axis gyro that is very stable and also the tail rotor on the 120 is direct drive like a bigger heli not a seperate tail motor.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__34238__Walkera_NEW_V120D02S_3D_Mini_Helicopter_w_DEVO_7E_Transmitter_RTF_Mode_2_.html

Si

Edited by silone74

As first CP heli, get a small one with motorized (direct drive) tail which can survive most crashes if flown over tall grass

Dependind on spare parts availability, you can look at blade (nanocpx, mcpx bl), walkera (not sure of current models) or align (trex 150)

Very important is to use a decent remote with display and profiles, which allows you to set throttle and pitch curves, expo and d/r, and has flight mode switch. And a trainer port, if you want to hook it to the pc and practice in a simulator.

I do like the look of the walkers in the link from hobbyking, and also like the look of the blade mcpx bl but it's BNF shame you can not get a RTF version. Are they both classed as 250 size? And is 250 the smallest size you can get? cheers

No the 250 are bigger than those, the v120d02 is 120 size so small enough for indoors if you have a nice area

So

Smallest I think is the nano cpx (197mm lengt, 29 grams weight). BNF is actually a plus, you can choose a decent transmitter.

Edited by danb1974

Ok that's great cheers. If I go for the blade mcpx bl as the more I look at them the more I think it's the one for me, would the spektrum dx6i be ok ?? as I don't want to spend to much on a tx. Or can you recommend a tx that don't cost a fortune please.

Yes, they use spektrum gear in these heli's so the dx6 will be ok, the rtf comes with a dx4 i believe.

Si